Health and Safety role
About the Client: The Group we represent is a lean and agile organisation with a family ethos. They recognise the need to be adaptable to customers` needs in a complex world. They respond by investing in a total in-house solution to ensure flexibility, control and above all quality and safety. The clients UK and wider global activities are supported by a structured management approach that performs with seamless efficiency. They operate with integrity and transparency to deliver multi-disciplined projects on time and to the highest standards. They are one of the most respected and well known brand names in industry, having been established over 50 years ago. They work UK wide within Utilities, Tunnelling, Heavy Civils, infrastructure and Rail with projects ranging from £500k to £50m.
* Advise and assist all appropriate Managers to discharge their responsibilities for the Health and Safety of employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined by Statutory Regulations and Company practice.
* Ensure that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities, and to provide advice as and when required.
* Liaise with the Health and Safety Manager.
* Carry out regular inspections of sites and work places to determine whether work is being carried out in accordance with Company Policy, Procedures and the relevant Statutory Provisions.
* Carry out accident/incident investigations in accordance with the Company Accident/Incident Reporting Procedure and analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any recurrences.
* Ensure compliance with all requirements stipulated in the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan.
* Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with Statutory Legislation and Contract Requirements.
* Carry out site inductions and other training as required.
* Participate in the work of safety committees and joint consultations affecting the workforce.
* Assist in the preparation & review of project H&S documents including those of 3rd parties