Principal Product Assurance Engineer
Salary: Up to £50,000
* Company bonus of up to £2,500 (based on company performance and will vary year to year)
* Pension of maximum total (employer and employee) contribution of up to 14%
* Paid overtime
* Up to 15 additional days flexi leave
* Parental benefits include up to 26 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity, adoption, neonatal and shared parental leave
We’re working with an award-winning, world-leading, technical & scientific engineering organisation, with sites across Europe, who have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Product Assurance Engineer.
Their order book stretches for many years, and they have healthy profits and a range of new projects in place. They’re stable with steady controlled growth, offer dynamic working, and fantastic opportunities to grow and develop your career further.
The Principal Product Assurance Engineer role:
You will play a pivotal role within an established team to ensure all core Product Assurance activities are met, as well as the potential to work with domestic and international colleagues on projects involving the transfer of technology.
This is an outstanding opportunity to network with and see a large variety of business functions and activities across all sites. The role will involve working on a multi-national project, as well as with an established Quality network preventing/minimising product non-conformance, supporting smooth equipment delivery, assuring reliable products in Production and continually growing the happiness of our customers.
* Review, give and maintain Project Quality planning documentation.
* Ensure compliance with BMS procedures is maintained.
* Act as Key Point of contact for Design (Project Chief Engineer & CDE) for any Hardware Concerns
* Act as an External Customer for Product/ Hardware Quality issues/ concerns
* Customer interface for on and off-site Product Acceptance activities
* Represent Project at the Op's NCRP Level 1 & 2
* Act as the Key point of contact for the Project PAM
* Represent Project PA at the monthly Operations Management Certification Stamp Issuing Authority Meetings
* Report on any escapes to our External Customers that could be Human Error issues
* Ensure product life cycle reviews are planned, carried out and actions handled appropriately.
* Lead product non-conformance and facilitate implementation of non-conformance process.
* Support design and manufacturing defect investigations.
* Provide non-conformance data analysis and summary reports into major equipment and senior management reviews.
* Proactively identify, communicate and mitigate Quality risks and issues to reduce risk and increase customer happiness.
* Participate in process improvement and facilitate local flash audits, providing compliance and process improvement ideas.
* Plan and facilitate quality-focused micro training to increase quality process awareness, efficiencies and proficiencies within the Project teams.
* Provide support to the transfer of technology process.
Principal Product Assurance Engineer Skills and Qualifications required:
* HNC/HND in Engineering or Quality Assurance is desirable, or equivalent work experience
* Ideally a practitioner of current QA problem-solving and improvement methods (8D, RCA, DMAIC, etc.)
* A high degree of self-motivation, autonomy and ability to work proactively, with excellent organisation, communication & social skills
* An ability to inspire change, a respectful great teammate, comfortable working in a matrix organization
* Strong analytical skills; ability to run reports in Excel, use SAP QM system, and document management tools
* Continuous improvement awareness and initiative to deliver improvements
Rules onsite require British Citizenship. Dual nationals can apply for this position, and you will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment