Forde Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Technical Manager on behalf of our client, An evolving global automotive business supporting customer de-fleet, multiple remarketing channels and a complete range of vehicle preparation services including wholesale and retail ready.
The Head of Technical is responsible for the leadership of all technical management and the maintenance of all current systems and processes. Whilst developing and introducing new efficient processes to support and improve production.
The role is essential to the success of the workshop. You will have proven experience and full technical competency, in depth knowledge of vehicle diagnostics and repair & warranty procedures, also the motivation to drive the workshop to achieve Productivity, efficiency and take the opportunity to continuously improve the working methods and standards.
Salary - £48,000
Hours: Monday-Friday 08:00-17:00 (40 hours per week)
Objectives for Role:
* Manage and develop a growing team of technical and production managers.
* Maintain productivity within the workshop, ensuring efficiency in line with requirements. This will include effective liaison with other onsite departments.
* Develop and improve systems and processes to increase efficiency and output.
* Ensure budgets are adhered to, and reduced where possible, without limitations to delivery.
* Attend weekly Head of Department meetings and work with the wider Bruntingthorpe management team to ensure success in meeting SLA’s.
* Ensure all work carried out is in accordance with current warranty procedures (where applicable), daily liaison with the warranty department, risk assessments, SSOW, manual handling, and COSHH assessments.
* Ensure workshop compliance with Cox Automotive environmental policies.
* Ensuring good housekeeping within the Workshop, vehicles, and work areas always.
* Direct and assist diagnosis of vehicle and ancillary item faults and compile estimates, where necessary.
* Monitor workmanship on vehicles to the highest standards.
* Manage stock levels with the parts supervisor ensuring delivery and DIME warranty returns information are completed in accordance with warranty procedures.
* Actively work with the People and Recruitment team on driving engagement within the technical department in addition to attracting and maintaining talent and challenging poor performance and conduct.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
* High level of technical knowledge gained through time served within respective area of expertise.
* Current knowledge of Pathfinder diagnostic software & Topix systems is advantageous.
* Experience of working within a large scale automotive or manufacturing environment.
* You will have a strong focus on achievement and delivery with a creative and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
* In addition, you will have excellent leadership skills, the ability to motivate, engage and develop a diverse team in a complex environment.
* Excellent knowledge of Health and Safety practices and procedures
* Effective communication skills, oral, written, presentation, influencing and negotiations.
* Good organisational skills including the ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines and to work on several projects at the same time.
* Reliable and accountable, with an agile approach to work, that ensures deliverables are met within defined timescales.
* Review performance of all direct reports whilst coaching and developing skills.
* 5% Annual Bonus
* 5% Pension contribution
* 25 days holiday + Bank hols
* Birthday Off + Wellbeing + Charity Days
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who are operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for additional opportunities