My client, a high profile civil engineering and construction firm are currently looking for Section Engineers for a prestigious rail project in the North East of England.
The role is long term and the project includes non lineside civil's works within a railway environment. The client is looking for someone that can start as soon as possible and the successful candidate will have a proven track record working for well established rail contractors.
As a Section Engineer you will promote and deliver civil engineering excellence on the project.
* Supervising and mentoring assistant, trainee engineers
* Monitoring and recording delivery against the agreed programme and construction methods.
* Ensuring that works are accurately and clearly set out before work commences.
* Completing daily diary records and ensuring they are also being maintained by others under your supervision.
* Assist in preparing "look ahead" programmes in conjunction with the supervisory staff, coordinated with overall site programme.
* Identifying, recording and reporting change to the scope of works or programme.
* Ensuring that testing / sampling of materials is carried out as required by the specification.
* Recording and reporting Non Conformance's and ensuring appropriate corrective action is taken.
* Provide accurate setting out for works before work is programmed to commence, allowing time for independent checking.
Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent
Proven experience working for a tier 1 on a large infrastructure project
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business