Blue Water Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Civil Engineering Supervisor to work on a large construction project based in the Chester area.
The successful Civil Supervisor will be reporting to the Site Civil Manager.
This requirement is going to be for approx. 6 months work, Monday – Friday 0700 – 1700 with additional weekend work.
About the role:
* Liaise with Engineering, review drawings and method statements and make sure the civil works appointed are performed according to the IFC drawings.
* Day to day communication with the civil works subcontractors’ representatives at site level and formal communication to the extend delegated by the Civil Manager
* Coordinate appointed civil activities.
* Ensure that the civil works are carried out correctly and as efficiently as possible.
* Checks, controls and inspects the subcontractor, its progress and performance at site on a daily basis.
* Keep a daily diary of subcontractor activities on site, maintain accurate records of civil work activities, follow up the progress of civil erection works vs the time schedule and project milestones and report to the Civil Manager.
* Responsible for manning levels and the day to day running of appointed the civil works.
* Checks the installed quantities and informs the Civil Manager when there is lack of material.
* Liaise with the Quality Engineer in the drafting of the punch/snag list of the subcontractor and report to the Civil Manager.
* Review adherence of the Subcontractors’ and their works to the Project HSE requirements and CPP as well as to the observations raised by the HSE team and report to the Electrical Manager.
* Review that subcontractor follows the maximum worker to supervisor ratio of 12 workers to 1 supervisor and report to the Construction Manager.
* Civil and structural engineering supervisory experience.
* HNC or above in a relevant subject.
* SSSTS or SMSTS qualification.
* CSCS card or CCNSG.
Full job description available on request.
If you are interested or available for this position, please contact Bradley Salt at Blue Water Recruitment