Howdens Joinery is looking for a First Line Manager to motivate, supervise, and provide first-line leadership to the ever-growing team based at our new purpose-built Raunds campus in Northamptonshire.
These facilities receive, effectively warehouse, and despatch over 40 million pieces from 200 worldwide suppliers to our network of over 750 depots in the UK and Europe. As a FTSE 100 business undergoing an exciting period of transformation and growth, this First Line Manager role is challenging and interesting, as you are at the heart of the warehouse operation.
Shift Pattern: 10pm - 6am - starting Sunday night at 10pm and finishing Friday morning at 6am
Benefits of working for Howdens as a First Line Manager:
- Excellent pension scheme (company contribution of up to 12%)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays with the option to buy additional days.
- Subsidised lunch at our on-site canteen
- Staff Discount
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exceptional Reward and Recognition events
- Ongoing Support & Development
Your role as a First Line Manager:
- With the direction of a Shift Manager, you will create area activity plans to ensure safety and efficiency and meet daily targets and KPIs.
- Your previous supervisory experience will enable you to spot shortfalls in performance and have the personal confidence to resolve them.
- Leading and managing your team, you will get the best out of them by ensuring everyone is well-trained and receives meaningful feedback and recognition.
- Provide effective team communication, including working and communicating with colleagues on other shifts.
Experience & Knowledge needed:
- Have at least 1 year of proven supervisory experience in a fast-paced customer-focused warehouse operation.
- Previous experience operating within a Group Leader Stand In role would be highly advantageous.
- Have previous personal experience operating MHE equipment.
- Have proven experience in developing an engaged high-performance team.
- PC literate, and able to work effectively with MS Office packages and warehouse management systems.
- NVQ Level 2 in Warehousing and CIEH level 3 Health and Safety qualification would be desirable.
Howdens Joinery is the UK’s number one trade kitchen supplier providing thousands of products across kitchens, joinery, and hardware. We have over 800 depots throughout the UK and Europe and employ more than 11,000 staff. Last year our sales reached over £2.3bn, and we have an ambitious growth agenda.
Despite our scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values. As a British manufacturer, we were founded on the principle that the business should be worthwhile for all concerned. That includes our customers, the homeowners they serve, the local communities we operate in, local and national charities, our large network of suppliers, our investors, and of course, our people.
How to apply:
We’re building a future where world-class service, innovation, and sustainability are embedded within our DNA. If Howdens sounds like the kind of place where you can build and develop your career, then we’re keen to hear from you.
When applying via our careers site you will need to attach a CV, and activate your account when you apply for this role. Please check your email carefully to ensure that you have completed this step. We are unable to view your application if you have not activated your account. Good luck with your application.
Howdens is founded on the principle of being Worthwhile for ALL concerned. We’re working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, please email (url removed) with the job title and location, and we will be happy to help you