Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Location: Broughton and Filton - site based role
Salary: £50,000 plus car / car allowance, 33 days holiday, pension, bonus, life assurance, employee assistance programme, wellbeing support, and flexible benefits scheme
About the Job
Ensuring sustainability responsibilities and carbon reduction initiatives are being carried out fully across the contract, you will lead and facilitate the implementation of our environmental policies, Environmental Management System, and sustainability action plan including stakeholder engagement activity across multiple suppliers. You will provide technical knowledge and to the sites and all change projects and will promote the principle and consciousness that effective management of environmental sustainability is an integral part of efficient business and operational management.
As part of your key responsibilities you’ll:
Operational Processes, Procedures and Project Delivery
• Advise all levels of management on applicable environmental legislation ensuring we comply with our legal obligations with regards to Environmental Regulation
• Ensure compliance with any environmental consents or permits, providing data for Unipart Group submissions, the customer and to regulatory bodies
• Initiate timely and appropriate actions in emergency situations, contact and communicate effectively with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
• Be responsible for the implementation, upkeep and the continuing development of the Environmental Management Strategy, and Environmental Management System (EMS), complying with the requirements of ISO14001 (2015)
• Manage and carry out environmental audits and inspections, assisting with the internal and external auditing of the EMS across all sites. Managing environmental non-conformities and complaints
• Develop behavioural change programmes, training and awareness in environmental and sustainability issues and responsibilities
• Be responsible for investigating any environmental incidents or near misses and presenting the findings, root cause and any corrective action plans
• Identify and drive ways to reduce energy, carbon emissions, water and single use plastic across contracts, promotion of these best practice methods across UL
• Liaise with waste management company to identify ways to reduce waste and drive up recycling on sites
• Implement site reduction and reuse plans
• Management of all waste streams on site ensuring full compliance to end of waste, carrying out downstream vendor audits when required
• Assist GMs in the development of environmental objectives and targets and monitor success, playing a key part in site SHE meetings
Monitoring and Measuring
• Ensure appropriate documentation is provided to meet necessary reporting requirements
• Collate, analyse, and report on energy, waste, water, CO2 emissions and single use plastic as part of internal and external reporting requirements
• Report to Airbus and Unipart Logistics Boards as required on all environmental and sustainability topics
• Produce monthly/ quarterly environmental performance reports to all levels of the business
• Produce relevant environmental information and reports for Group Environmental reporting
We’d love you to have the following skills and experience, but please apply if you think you’d be able to perform well in this role!
• Educated to degree level with/or appropriate professional qualification such as IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management or equivalent
• Experience in developing sustainability/environmental programs within warehousing and logistics related sectors
• Understanding of EMS/ ISO14001 management system requirements and environmental legislation with ISO Auditor Qualification
• Leadership, communication skills, and stakeholder engagement
• Track record of working at all levels, from Senior Managers to Shop Floor
• Ability to use numerical skills to conduct trend analysis.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Documents
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
• Experience working within supply chain (desirable)
• Experience with CO2 emission, energy waste reduction strategies (desirable)
• Driving licence and mobility is essential – this role covers sites in Broughton and Filton
Our recruitment and selection process has been developed to ensure that it is consistent, fair and provides equality of opportunity - all selection decisions are based solely on technical and behavioural competencies. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, colour, or nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, religion or belief, age or any other current or future protected characteristic as defined in the current Equality Act of England and Wales. As an organisation we also promote an environment which encourages diversity of characteristics and thought, where you feel included, safe, and confident to be the best version of yourself and do your best work every day.
You may have experience in the following: Environmental Sustainability Coordinator, Green Initiatives Manager, Eco-Friendly Operations Lead, Sustainability Strategy Consultant, Climate Action Specialist, Environmental Compliance Officer, Corporate Social Responsibility Manager, Sustainable Supply Chain Coordinator, Environmental Policy Advisor, Carbon Reduction Strategist, Waste Management Specialist, Circular Economy Coordinator, Environmental Compliance Manager, Sustainable Business Development Lead, etc.
REF-(Apply online only)