SHIFT, AM, PM & OCCASIONAL NIGHT COVER
06.00- / 14.00, 14.00 -22.00 / 22.00 – 06.00 Monday To Friday
£16.18 AM Shift + additonal for other shift coverage
TEMP TO PERM
JTL Recruitment are proud to be working in conjunction with a high profile transport and logistics provider in Rugby. They are currently recruiting an experienced Transport supervisor to operate and manage the AM shift but have the ability to cover for sickness and holidays on both the afternoon and nights shift where needed.
As a Transport supervisor you will deliver cost effective and compliant transport operations. You will develop the transport function and plan, coordinate, supervise, and report upon the work activities within the transport operation; providing effective communication, leadership, motivation, training and development in such a way that the operation effectiveness of the business is maintained, and that all daily targets are met.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Ensure full compliance with all relevant legislative and corporate requirements relating to transport.
* Manage cost and service in line with agreed Key Performance Indicators.
* Ensure quality standards are maintained in line with OTIF measures.
* Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Communicate, apply and enforce company policies.
* Direct the daily activity to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for team members.
* Ensure colleagues are aware of business developments and daily / weekly performance targets through active and effective communication.
* Ensure the team achieves the performance targets required and contribute to the achievement of service levels.
* Liase with the warehouse teams to ensure all loads are completed accurately and loaded on time.
* Ensure returns are maximised.
* Liaise collaboratively with customer service to improve customer satisfaction levels in line with agreed business targets.
* Accountability for employee satisfaction levels by applying good leadership and employee engagement practices.
* Ensure compliance with the organisations health, safety and security procedures and contribute to risk assessments and the development of safe systems of work.
* Promote and behave in a way consistent with the organisations vision, values and principals.
* Facilitate effective communication, between themselves, their team, their peers and the management team.
* Communicate and support the implementation of the client’s way.
* Contribute towards projects that drive down cost / improve service.
* Actively manage cost, utilising management information to determine and act on trends.
* Ability to manage the clerks and drivers by active engagement, regular communication and regular performance reviews.
* Capability to plan, manage and flex driver and vehicle levels to meet operational requirements.
* Manage all disciplinary and grievance issues in line with HR policy.
* Legal compliance i.e. understanding of legislative regulations and / or standards.
* 2 to 3 years’ experience in transport.
* Experience operating with out based operations.
* International CPC holder (preferable)
* Secondary School standard of general education
* Fluent in English
This role is a temporary position with the opportunity to go perm for the right candidate.
To express your interest please submit your CV via the link for the attention of Julie Thomas, JTL Recruitment Ltd