At WorkLyf Group, we are looking for an Immobilisation Plant Manager for our client based in Sneyd Hill, Stoke-On-Trent.This is a hands-on-role which will bring value to the business by managing all the activities of the immobilisation plant department, achieving KPI targets, selecting and batching of appropriate waste. Ensuring dispatched waste from the plant is done in a safe and compliant manner giving full traceability and increasing profitability. Liaising with suppliers so transport is maximized and downtime caused by maintenance is minimal.
- Managing bookings of incoming consignments of waste by ensuring adequate storage capacity is available. This will require the management of processing productivity and labour resource available.
- Ensure appropriate compatibility testing is being completed with composite sampling completed appropriately for all waste streams intended to be batched.
- Ensure the completion of start-up/shutdown checks are completed and the completion of FLT start up checks by plant operative.
- Feedback to the Commercial and Technical Team where material has been under priced or incorrectly technically assessed.
- Ensure traceability of all waste by ensuring any material processed through plant is being completed.
- Ensure waste in plant storage bays are being appropriately stored in line with Sector Guidance Note 5.06, the sites Environmental Permit and to HSG71
- Liaise with suppliers to schedule disposal point slots.
- Liaise with 3rd parties to schedule outgoing loads.
- Ensure the loading of outgoing loads onto skips / tipper vehicles is conducted in a safe manner.
- Generate outgoing paperwork including determining component concentrations using laboratory analysis.
- Ensure all pre-start checks on plant and excavator are completed.
- Arrange for the servicing of plant equipment.
- Monitor check sheets to ensure that materials are in good supply.
- Liaise with site Lab to ensure that all analysis is complete and compliant.
- Liaise with operations manager / relevant others in the writing and review of Risk Assessments, Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Support the development of the treatment plant by being involved in development projects.
- Completion of low-risk maintenance activities so far as reasonably practicable and safe to do so.
- Review of major maintenance works required including sourcing suppliers, management of production impacts during works and management of contractors on site.
- Ensure high housekeeping standards in operational area.
- Ensure the Permit to Work system is being followed for any relevant works in relation to the treatment plant including but, not limited to tanker dig outs.
- Promote a positive Health and Safety driven environment
reporting near misses on Activ and rectifying any potential concerns for Health and Safety readily.
- Provide holiday cover for the Treatment Plant Chemist.
A Natural leader of people and processes
Has the ability to influence and motivate others
Communicates well at all levels including executive level, verbally and written
Makes decisions based on data, information and evidence.
Able to drive team performance and improve functional knowledge of the team through coaching and sharing knowledge/skills and experiences.
Experience of working in the hazardous waste sector desirable
Counterbalance FLT license
SAP experience is desirable
Competent Microsoft Office user in particular Excel