Job Vacancy – Engineering Manager
Do you want to work in an exciting and challenging role that facilitates earthwork solutions for the construction industry across disciplines such as core earthworks, reinstatement, residential, commercial and industrial project ground preparations. I am looking for a sharp, hardworking individual in the the South-West.
The ideal candidate will have a solid engineering background in civils, groundworks and / or earthworks, professional demeanour and be flexible and adapt when required. A hardworking, can-do attitude is a must. Overseeing and capturing measurement data, and then present the implications to the project team is a key aspect. This is a new role joining an existing team as the company are growing the contracting division three-fold in the last year and require an additional in-house engineering manager.
This person will be key to calibrating project success from estimation to day-to-day operations.
Objective roles and responsibilities
* Setting Out
* Stockpile Surveys
* Production of drawings
* Manipulation and Interpretation of data using CAD
* Weekly and Monthly data capture summary appraisals
* Production of Machine Control files on Trimble Business Centre platform
* Use of the Matrice M300 RTK
Qualifications & Experience
* Civil Engineering Degree (complete with Internship)
* Minimum 5 years post grad employment for an Earthworks Contractor, Civil Engineering or Groundworks contractor
* Other qualifications may be considered. Experience essential.
* Machine Control Systems – Trimble (essential)
* Civils 3D (essential)
* Drone experience / GVC pilots licence
* Trimble Business Centre
* Pix 4D (desired)
* Trimble Works Manager
* Trimble Works OS
* DJI Terra (desired)
* Numerical / Analytical / Manipulation of data
* Ability to factor practical considerations of site work and haulage
* Communication at all levels – HGV drivers to Chartered Consultants and Directors.
* Drawing production
* Time management
* Drivers licence