Our client, is one of the UK's leading transport and warehousing company, is currently recruiting for a Logistics Manager to work within their depot in Manchester.
You will be responsible for the coordination of the Manchester Traffic Team and be responsible for getting the right products in the right quantities, to the right location at all times. Ensuring the customer receives a first-class service in a cost-effective way.
Specific Qualifications/ Job Training
GCSE/NVQ standard. Experience of working at a similar level.
Management qualification preferred
CPC holder or training towards CPC qualification
Problem solving/logical thinking
Motivation and Team building
Working unsupervised, continually managing time and prioritising work to meet tight corporate deadlines.
* Ensuring all operations are carried out in line with UK regulations. These govern vehicle safety, environmental controls on fuel emissions, driver hours, customs requirements and hazardous goods transportation (this list is not exhaustive)
* Working with the team /drivers and other traffic desks, planning routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation
* Lead, develop, motivate and coach the team and individuals in all areas including problem solving, planning and projects to support company objectives.
* Efficiently managing a team of drivers and vehicles, prioritising workload, route planning, driver brief and de-brief. Ensuring company compliance for all transport policies, legislation and procedures
* Liaise with other depots within the Company
* Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads
* Proactively work with the team to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots
* Work with the team to resolve and manage queries and complaints courteously and efficiently
* Ensuring all departmental and customer objectives are communicated and reviewed with the team
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels
* Maintain computerised system such as Stirling. Have the skills to use excel spread sheets
* Booking driver agency staff depending on workload
* Full support of SAFED with all employees, driving and non-driving
* Ensure that all vehicles and trailers are made available in a timely manner to achieve Compliance requirements
* Provide general support appropriate to the management when required.
We will only consider candidates who have previous experience working within a similar operation.
Excellent opportunity for the right person to work for a leading and professional operation within distribution