A position has become available to work for a well-established manufacturer and supplier of packaging and packaging materials into the retail, industrial and agricultural markets.
Simpac are currently seeking a highly organised and professional Maintenance Engineer/Fitter with mechanical bias.
As the successful candidate you would be required to ensure breakdowns are attended to promptly and machinery repaired in line with manufacturers / best practice guidelines. These breakdowns are dealt with in a timely manner in order for production to continue to run smoothly and efficiently to maximise output.
Responsibilities (not exhaustive):
· Maintenance of machinery and equipment, site and services, both reactive and planned maintenance.
· Close communication with operators and management on downtime to key equipment.
· Identify any opportunities of improvement and plan / execute accordingly.
· Work with maintenance team to generate PPM schedule.
· Keep accurate list of spare parts in stock to ensure key components are available and action orders if required.
· Clean as you go, high cleanliness both on site during breakdown and within the engineering workshop.
· Educate operators on correct use if breakdown occurred due to improper use.
· Multi skilled maintenance engineer / fitter with basic electrical knowledge.
· Machine shop skills, including but not limited to Lathe, Milling.
· Positive can-do attitude.
· Work alone as well as part of a team.
· Maintenance engineer / fitter: 2 years min
· Fast paced manufacturing environment
· Completion of recognised apprenticeship or have other relevant engineering qualifications.
· 7.5hr shift
· Mon – Friday (early Friday finish)
· Weekend work occasionally available
20 days holiday, 8 statutory = 28 days per year
Holiday Increase with length of service
Contributory pension scheme
Free on-site parking
Canteen / break out area
Hours: 35 per week – rotating weekly between 6am – 2pm and 2pm – 10pm