Transport Team Leader (Transport Shift Manager)
Arla Foods Westbury Inbound Logistics Site
Who are Arla Foods?
* We are the UK’s largest dairy company and 4th largest in the world!
* We are a farmer owned co-operative.
* We are the creator of household brands such as Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak®, Castello®, and many more of your favourites!
Due to internal moves within the team we have a very exciting vacancy within our Operations team for a Transport Team Leader (Transport Shift Manager)
* Working Monday to Friday on a 40 hour week contract including on call, one weekend in four (on call salary uplift applicable)
* Leading a shift in the day to day operation of the collection of raw milk from our producers who, as a co-operative business, are also our owners
* You will lead a team of drivers operating Bulk Farm collection and Bulk Tanker delivery vehicles.
* Reporting into the Inbound Operations Manager, you will ensure that daily activity aligns with the business plan along with legal compliance and health & safety
* Closely liaising with Head Office, you will plan and organise the shift to ensure efficient and effective management of the milk collection operation, as the first point of contact for farmers and resolving issues as they arise
* You will participate in route planning, using systems such as Verilocation, Opitool and SAP
* As a people manager, you will motivate your team to succeed but also be responsible for day to day training, development, performance management, absence management, discipline and grievances
What are we looking for?
* Experienced Transport Team Leaders or Shift Managers who have experience managing a team of drivers in a similar fast paced environment.
* We are looking for someone with a Transport Manager CPC qualification or someone who is enthusiastic and willing to gain the qualification which we would cover the costs for.
* We are looking for proactive and forward thinking leaders with the ability to deliver accurate results under tight and pressured time constraints.
* The team a site is very people-orientated and we are looking for someone who is a true people person and wants to bring the best out in people.
What is the Westbury site like?
* The dairy produces some delicious products including Anchor® butter, spreadable butter and milk powder
* The transport office has been purpose built just over a year ago, a modern and friendly place to work located just a few minute drive away from the dairy
* The Transport family is around 100 people who are there to support each other, encourage each other to grow and achieve amazing results as a team
* As a farmer owned co-operative Arla Foods prides itself on looking after its employees and their wellbeing, the culture is forward thinking and you can expect a very warm welcome
* The site operates 365 days a year, 24/7 operation to ensure all farmers’ milk is collected across the surrounding regions
Without the ongoing delivery of raw milk to our dairies we cannot produce high quality dairy products for our customers, so this role is essential in achieving our business goals, if you’d like to be a part of this amazing journey click apply or reach out if you have any questions!
Please apply using the link or reach out to Tony Clapham, Talent Partner, at Arla Foods