Recently named as one of the 'Best Big Companies to Work For’ by Best Companies, J. Murphy & Sons Limited (Murphy) is a leading international, specialist engineering and construction company founded in 1951 with a purpose to improve life by delivering world-class infrastructure.
Operating in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Canada, Murphy provides better engineered solutions to infrastructure sectors including transportation; natural resources; power and water. Headquartered in London, Murphy has a number of related businesses – Ground Engineering; Utility Connections; Murphy Plant; Murphy Process Engineering; Pipeline Testing Services; Specialist Welding Services; and Electrical Services. Murphy is a specialist in delivering pipelines, design, structural steel, tunnelling, fabrication, bridges and piling, and has a substantial holding of plant, equipment and facilities.
Murphy employs around 3,600 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives around the world. Together, they work as ‘One Murphy’ - directly delivering the people, plant and expertise needed to make projects a success.
Contractor’s Responsible Engineer (CRE) – Leeds/York Area – Transpennine Route Upgrade East
On a large multidisciplinary electrification project John Murphy and Sons is recruiting for an experienced CRE-Construction Civils to deliver Lineside Ancillary Civils Infrastructure, Footbridge Construction and Culvert remedial works. To be successful in this role you will be confident in managing multiple stakeholders and relish implementing engineering strategies.
Overall responsibility for all engineering activities both on and off site for the business unit, including the day to day management of all engineering activities and the appointment of suitable resource to satisfactorily complete those works.
It's a fantastic time to join J Murphy & Sons as we have just been announced as the number one ‘Best Big Company to Work For’ by Best Companies for 2023, there really is no better time to join the family!
What you will be doing
• Regular liaison with designers to ensure designs are efficient and safe to build
• Regular contact with the client to progressively assure designs, including participation in IDC/IDRs
• Review submissions for quality, sufficiency and adherence to relevant standards.
• Approval of detailed construction methodologies produced by the project teams e.g. WPP / TBS / RA’s
• Approval of inspection and test plans produced by the project teams
• Assist team members CEM / QS / PM as required with engineering input
• Attend site as required to liaise with Site Managers and Engineers
• Act as the temporary works coordinator
• Excellent interpersonal skills and assertive when required to ensure timeous delivery
• Ensure Quality benchmarks are maintained at a high standard
Who we are looking for
• CRE experience in station environment
• BEng or MEng
• Civil Engineer with membership of professional institute (Desirable)
• Strong experience working on rail projects.
• Knowledge of NR/L2/RSE/02009 and NR/L2/CIV/003
• Experience managing design development
• Knowledge of BS5975:2019
• Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Excel and other design based software such as AutoCad