Customer Operations Manager
c£40,000 – 45,000 + benefits
What this role is:
An opportunity to join a hugely successful, ambitious logistics business, providing a diverse portfolio of services to its customer base. MVP is delighted to be supporting its plans to appoint a Customer Operations Manager for a busy and fast-growing existing operation at London Gateway. In this role, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the efficient delivery of a customer-centric, safe and legally compliant operation, within a port environment.
* Plan, co-ordinate and oversee all activities incorporating inbound and outbound workflows, stock control and storage.
* Develop, grow and own the customer relationship through exceptional performance, open and direct communication, problem-solving and collaboration.
* Conduct regular reviews with the customer, ensuring that our service offering and client requirements are aligned for the short, medium and long term.
* Ensure all customer contractual obligations are met; provide regular reporting on the performance of the operation, both internally and externally.
* Control the invoicing process.
* Manage a small number of internal staff, engaging with them and providing leadership, guidance and motivation.
* Partner with the customer and internal stakeholders to develop and deliver initiatives and operational efficiencies.
What you’ll bring to the table:
* Previous experience and knowledge of logistics / warehouse operations – ideally within port operations
* Good knowledge and understanding of stock control processes and principles
* Excellent problem-solving abilities; able to break down issues and create solutions
* Strong organisational and planning capabilities
* Confident user of IT systems; strong capabilities in MS Office, particularly Excel
* Able to manage multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
* Previous experience of managing people
* Excellent communication skills – able to negotiate and influence
* Able to build and maintain strong relationships, both internally and externally
* Good report-writing skills – able to deliver concise, detailed reports
* Excellent knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
* Ideally - Health & Safety qualification (IOSH etc)
* Experience and knowledge of WMS systems - desirable
What’s on offer:
* Competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience
* An opportunity to join in a newly created role supporting an established operation that will grow
* The chance to join an ambitious business that takes operational excellence seriously
MVP has been placing Supply Chain, Logistics and Distribution professionals for over 37 years. For more information on MVP, or to view our current portfolio of vacancies, please visit our website. Please note that it is our policy to add the details of all applicants to our database.
MVP acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Please note that by applying for this position you consent to MVP processing and storing your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work finding services. We process your personal data in accordance with data protection laws, which require us to give you a Privacy Statement to explain how we manage your personal data. Our full Privacy Statement is available to view on the MVP website, or it can be provided upon request