We are currently working with a well-renowned and globally respected contractor with a track record of delivering some iconic infrastructure projects around the globe.
They are currently in the early stages of constructing a £200.M power supply tunnel project in an area of outstanding natural beauty. The project is part of the Visual Impact Provision project in the Snowdonia National Park near Porthmadog in the north of the country. The project is in its infancy and has a seven-year programme. The project involves the construction of two shafts and a 3.4-kilometer tunnel to carry electricity under the Dwyryd Estuary.
The Health Safety Manager will provide leadership in health, safety, and Sustainability matters, advise and support Directors, Managers and Supervisors to discharge their H & S responsibilities regarding their employees and others to whom they have a duty as defined
by legislation and procedures.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of health and safety leadership on major civil infrastructure projects, within the United Kingdon
* Ensure management controls are in place so that all personnel are aware of their statutory duties and responsibilities and provide advice as and when required.
* Take a lead with site management teams to ensure compliance with all requirements.
* Manage & carry out surveillance/ regular inspections/ audits of sites and workplaces to determine whether work is being carried out according to HUK policy, procedures, and the relevant statutory provisions.
* Where appropriate make recommendations for improvements.
* Lead, partake, and oversee accident/ incident investigations by the procedure and, analysing all data, making recommendations to avoid any reoccurrences.
* Manage, collate & review H & S statistics on SVIP to identify trends and areas for improvement.
* Develop and implement lessons learned sessions, H & S campaigns, and improvement plans in agreement with HUK procedure.
* Manage and where required be involved in the preparation & review of documents including H & S plans and procedures, methods statements, and those of 3rd parties.
* Maintain records as necessary to ensure compliance with legislation, HUK Procedures, and contract requirements.
* Provide reports, presentations, and information as directed.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant schedules of partners' KPIs.
* Stop work at any time H & S elements of the works are in question.
* Develop, organise, and oversee the induction process; ensuring everyone at SVIP has attended a project induction and a BRAVE day.
This is a site-based role, due to the daily team and client engagement. The company can offer an excellent salary, package, and accommodation