Working for BAE Systems on their flagship Submarine programmes, an outstanding opportunity for a contractor to support the programme on an initally 12 month contract.
The LSA Engineer will utilise best practice, professional engineering judgement and initiative to undertake tasks in support of the production of LSA deliverables. Activities will usually be undertaken working as part of a team, with the support and guidance of more senior LSA Engineers.
The LSA Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day input of appropriate information into LSA tools and business processes.
They will have at least a basic understanding of the relevant Ministry of Defence (MoD), industry and corporate standards that cover LSA activities, which they will apply and will work with the Support and Product Engineering Managers as appropriate to support the effective delivery of RCM as part of the support solution to the Customer.
The LSA Senior Engineer will work to develop an awareness of other Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) disciplines and engineering processes in order to understand how LSA outputs influence the design and interrelate with ILS and Safety activities.
The following activities are typical of work that may be carried out by the LSA Engineer with the appropriate level of guidance and support, in full or part dependent on the role:
• Undertake administrative functions to maintain appropriate LSA records within the Support Engineering department and facilitate LSA activities
• Participate in the development of LSA reports, outputs and recommendations that influence equipment availability.
• Evaluate the impact of engineering change on the LSA outputs
Awareness of the MoD guidance, policy documents and standards on LSA and how theses support the development LSA outputs
• Have, or be able to develop the knowledge of the models and tools required to deliver the LSA outputs
• Knowledge of the engineering lifecycle and how support activities align to it, with some experience of operating in the phase relevant to the role
• Knowledge or at least recognition of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
• Understand the need, and have awareness of Product Safety and SHE
This role is INSIDE IR35 with a rate of £57.33 per hour Umbrella. Working arrangements TBC though should be a hybrid element to this role.