Credit Manager - Permament - Office based - J25 M1 - £40000
If you are an experienced Credit Manager who can manage a team of 7 then this new challenge is just right for you.
Role: Credit Control Manager
Benefits: Pension, Health cash plan, Life cover, 8.30am - 4.30pm, Parking
As Credit Control Manager your primary purpose is to provide the credit control team with dedicated management support. To make the credit control department into a recognised centre of excellence within the business by heightening its profile positively within the commercial and operational teams. To create standardised policies and procedures for how they control credit matters within the business.
Managing an established and experienced team of credit controllers
Oversee and manage the entire credit control process, including credit assessment, credit limits, and terms negotiation (in conjunction with the Finance Director/Board).
Develop & implement a continuous improvement process related to credit policies and procedures within the business. (IFRS9)
Monitor and chase outstanding payments from customers.
Manage credit insurance and update limits and file late payers
Handle complex and escalated debt recovery cases, negotiating payment plans and settlements, and taking appropriate legal actions when necessary
Negotiate early terminations of contracts and validations
Review and respond to customer terms and conditions offering variations to terms in conjunction with Directors
Manage the Year end exercise and provide the escalation point for on stop supplies for late paying customers.
Provide Bad Debt forecasting assessing the collectability of at-risk accounts.
Produce weekly cash collection forecasts and analyse accuracy rates
Perform any such other duties as you may reasonably be required to perform within the scope of your knowledge, skills and ability.
* People management experience including, coaching, mentoring, and running the annual appraisal process.
* Experience with ERP/general ledger systems is essential,
* Credit Risk Analysis experience
* Experience with D&B, Experian, or similar credit report providers.
* Must have excellent customer service skills, and the ability to liaise across counties.
* You will need to be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Credit & Collections processes KPI's and metrics.
* Presentation skills including the use of PowerPoint.
* Strong working knowledge of Excel (V-Lookups, pivot tables).
* CICM qualification desirable