Bailey Employment Services are currently looking for Senior Transport planner for our client in Goole. Qualifications and experience are key factors as we need to ensure we engage the right person for this permanent position.
KEY AREAS of RESPONSIBILITY
* Actively support the operation on multiple dimensions including planning, compliance and risk mitigation, cost saving, resilience, sustainability, and innovation.
* Lead and coach the less experienced members of the transport team & drivers to continue to deliver exceptional customer service to clients.
* Ensure compliance of both drivers and a large fleet of 90+ vehicles with the support of the rest of the transport planning team
* Use Microsoft applications and geographical knowledge competently
* Maintain up to date and accurate records
* Monitor driver status (delays etc.) to support service level agreements
* Deliver exceptional customer service and resolve issues in a professional manner
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
* International CPC Licence (Desirable)
* Membership of a complementary professional trade body organisation (Desirable)
* Previously nominated on Operator Licence (Desirable)
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience in transport planning (Essential)
* Experience of planning with a large fleet (Desirable
PAY and BENEFITS
* Salary is negotiable between £32,000 to £38,000 subject to experience and qualifications
* Hours of work are 8am-6pm 3 days a week and 7am-5pm 2 days a week with 1 night per week on call and 1 Saturday morning in 4 in the office
* Free on-site parking
* Smart, modern office building
* Canteen facilities
* Friendly and energetic team