Parts Manager - BMW Reading
Basic Salary up to £36,750pa, OTE Up to £45,000 + Great Company Benefits
Parts Managers will receive a competitive base salary, we also offer great benefits including:
* Annual Leave - A minimum of 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing with long service.
* Family Friendly - Enhanced family friendly policies, giving you more time to spend with your family.
* Vehicle purchase discounts – There are plenty ways that you & your family can Drive with Us at Inchcape, from vehicle discounts to service offers. Own your dream car for less.
* A pension that pays – Our flexible pension scheme gives you the freedom to plan for the future in a way that suits you. Choose exactly how much you want to contribute on a monthly basis
* Save as you earn plan- reap the rewards of Inchcape’s success and effortlessly grow your savings. Save every month for a set period in order to buy Inchcape shares at a discounted price.
* Life Assurance – we give you the peace of mind when you need it most
* Health Shield Cash Plan – Supporting your health and your wallet, this benefit reimburses you the cost of everyday health care from prescriptions to dental work.
* Employee Discounts with The Showroom – make your salary go further with the discounts and cashback offers available at over 1000 retailers
* Discount Gym membership – keep fit with our big brand gym & fitness offers
* Cycle to work scheme – get a new bike, equipment or both
* Employee Assistance Programme – We take employee wellbeing seriously at Inchcape, we offer a programme to support all our colleagues and families with whatever challenges they may face at work or at home 24/7 365 days a year.
* Customer Introduction Reward – refer someone to buy a car from us and we’ll pop some extra cash in your pay check.
* Great career development – Receive industry leading training from the brand you represent whilst you develop your skills with the Inchcape training team
* And much more….
The role of the Parts Manager is to control the sourcing and supply of vehicle parts to achieve parts volumes and profit objectives.
Establish realistic and achievable targets for the department
Take steps to manage stock inventories and authorise requisitions to the agree levels.
Promote the Parts Department facilities and services by various means to maintain and increase sales to customers through workshop, retail and trade outlets.
Take actions to sustain and enhance levels of customer satisfaction
Respond promptly to any customer complaints and ensure timely and correct resolution.
Monitor back orders daily to ensure delivery is received as quickly as possible.
Liaise with Service Manager to ensure close co-operation for supply of parts for servicing work and special service promotions.
Work with team to develop understanding and implementation of customer focussed environment
Check the maintenance and condition of the parts department premises, and equipment, ensuring that these comply with established procedures and spending limits.
Regularly review stock obsolescence programme in line with Company procedures.
Ensure regular stock check routines are adhered to.
Liaise with manufacturer over Parts Discrepancy Report
Control stock checks in line with Company procedures
Ensure efficient systems for locating parts.
Recruit, coach and appraise team to ensure they are operating to full potential.
Agree clear targets and ensure all team members are clear on their responsibilities
Ensure Company HR policies are following correctly
Develop Department’s potential through understanding of market trends and opportunities.
Regularly review part accessory displays.
Maintain sound and competitive pricing structures.
Ensure that company standards are followed in relation to control of funds, remised, vehicles, and other company resources.
Ensure that steps are taken to ensure safe working processes are followed and provision of H&S legislation are complied with.
The Ideal Candidate
* Demonstrable success of running a Parts Department with similar inventory levels
* Experience of preparing and managing departmental budgets
* Previous experience in a managerial or supervisory role for a team
* Sound knowledge of the automotive industry
* Exposure to stock checking routines and process/audit requirements
* Able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
* Able to influence and persuade
* Able to motivate a team of people
* Strong commercial awareness
* Personally well organised and works to high standards
* Logical approach to planning
Inchcape is a leading independent global automotive distributor and retailer. We aim to deliver an outstanding customer experience at every one of our franchised dealerships, and to support this all our dealerships have specialist, manufacturer trained staff to ensure you and your car receive the best possible attention.
OUR VISION: To be the world’s most trusted automotive Distributor.
Inchcape is ambitious! We are pursuing a strategy of growth, both organically and by acquisition, across the globe. We have a number of exciting opportunities for equally ambitious talent