Our client is looking for an Account Manager to be responsible for carrying out cradle to grave administration for an allocated portfolio of Small Self-Administered Schemes and delivering excellent technical and customer service outcomes to clients.
- £32,000 - £35,000
- Home based role (Head office in Leicester)
* Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of individual clients and their advisers, and actively engage with all parties to achieve the best possible customer outcomes.
* Calculate and pay retirement benefits.
* Process contributions and transfers into the scheme.
* Arrange buying/surrender of investment portfolios.
* Prepare scheme asset valuations and member fund share calculations.
* Undertake property and land purchases and sales in accordance with internal procedures and guidelines.
* Ensure that rent reviews, lease expiries, EPC certificates, and insurance renewals are in place and/or obtained as required.
* Monitor rent and loan repayments and follow internal process should arrears arise.
* Arrange loans to associated and unconnected parties, ensuring that internal procedures are followed including the credit control of those loans.
* Monitor scheme bank accounts and ensure that sufficient cash is retained to make income payments and pay fees.
* Carry out the required activity to establish a new scheme or take over the scheme from another operator.
* Prepare trust deeds to reflect changes in Trustees, Principal/Participating Employers, and scheme rule amendments.
* Register schemes with HMR&C, The Information Commissioner and The Pensions Regulator, as required.
* Complete and submit Pension Scheme Returns, Event Reports and Accounting for Tax Returns.
* Calculate and pay death benefits.
* Process full and partial transfers out and takeovers.
* Prepare review packs for client meetings.
* Attend Trustee meetings as required.
* Deal with any other administration or queries, as they arise.
* Adherence to internal procedures and compliance:
* Ensure that all administration tasks are carried out in accordance with agreed timescales and quality standards.
* Schedule daily workflow and diarise scheme administration in accordance with internal processes.
* Ensure that scheme data is full and accurate across all system platforms and fill gaps as identified, so that use of functionality is maximised.
* Accurately recorded all time costs and disbursements and collect fees as required.
* Adhere to all regulatory and process requirements.
* Proactively fill own knowledge gaps and assist in the development of colleagues.
* Ensure individual activities that feed into departmental or business projects, initiatives and objectives are completed to quality and timeframe expectations.
- Good personal organisational skills with the ability to prioritise their own workload.
- Experience with SSAS
- Works well under pressure maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work to prescribed deadlines.
- Clear concise communication skills at all levels.
- A positive attitude to client care.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, and driven approach.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent internal and external relationships