National Account Manager
Location Hybrid Working – Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Reporting to the Head of Sales UK, the National Account Manager will be tasked with driving the full P&L management, driving growth in major retailers. There will also be a strong strategic emphasis on business development to define a route to market and execute on the strategic plans.
The National Account Manager will work cross-functionally with marketing, finance and operations teams, leading distribution, NPD and category initiatives for their customers. They will proactively manage the relationship between Weleda and a portfolio of accounts to develop and manage the sales plan. They will strategically define the long-term plans within account portfolio and have a direct impact on the future success of this channel.
Sales and Business Planning
• Prepare and implement an annual business plan for each account, carrying out regular reviews to ensure key sales and marketing objectives are achieved
• Prepare a Joint Business Plan (JBP) in conjunction with the Key retailer & internal teams
• Identify short, medium and long term opportunities to develop and implement plans to maximise the sales opportunities
• Competitor Brands / Activity – using information from trade press and market visits to keep abreast of competitor brands / products and counter as required
• Strategy and Planning - Develop the portfolio strategy, in conjunction with the Head of Sales and fully deliver against the agreed plans
• Plan and implement strategies in accordance with business needs e.g. project implementation
• Prepare value and volume forecasts by products and update on a rolling monthly basis. Liaise with the Supply Chain on specific requests and issues
• Implement and manage the appropriate trading terms and price changes within the company guidelines
• Develop the optimum range of new and core product distribution in accounts, ensuring NPD is listed and launched effectively
• Maintain regular face-to-face meetings with Buying and Supply contacts. Organise and lead annual strategy meetings with key contacts
• Manage the agreed expenditure budgets for their customers and work closely with the marketing team to develop trade marketing activities
• Work with the Head of Sales on annual budgeting process
• Provide Customer P&L and ROI for each key activity in their accounts and gain approval from UK Head of Sales
• Engage internal stakeholders in the JBP process
• Work with the Customer Service team to resolve any complaints/issues.
• Report on account EPOS weekly, identifying key areas for action and development
• Take ownership of sales reports and reviewing to make sure these are effective and meaningful
You will be an experienced National Account Manager from within the Grocery & Convenience sector, ideally within a Pharmacy, FMCG or Personal Care branded supplier business. You’ll be able to prepare Joint Business Plans with ease and have a strong record of building and maintaining customer relationships. Experience of collaborating with shopper insights and category management teams is highly desirable.
Managing margins, customer profitability and sales targets will be second nature to you, as will setting, maintaining and achieving budgets both in turnover and in profit. You will have a strong understanding of P&L’s and a proven track record in sales, with excellent communication, negotiation and account management skills.
Ideally, you will have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience of working in a sales environment, understanding the levers and mechanics of growing sales. With strong analytical and organisations skills, you will be IT literate and have excellent attention to detail.
Why work for us
Weleda was established over one hundred years ago as a place of human development through a common goal - to create natural products that support and enhance health and well-being, profitably.
Today, we operate globally across 50 countries and we are recognised as the industry leader.
We share a common culture founded upon strong sustainable principles for the environment, for the economy and for our personal well-being and development. This includes adopting a flexible approach to work; acting responsibly, honestly and ethically and placing responsibility on each and every one of us to uphold these values.
You may also have experience in the following: Key Account Manager, Account Manager, Sales Manager, Account Management, Business Development Manager, Business Development Executive, Account Executive, Client Relationship Management, Relationship Management, Customer Service, New Business Development, Field Sales, etc.
REF-(Apply online only)