Role: Information Assurance Advisor REF (phone number removed)
Contract Length: Until March 2024
Pay Rate to Intermediary: £16.66 per hour
Spinwell is recruiting for an Information Assurance Advisor for an excellent opportunity within the public sector.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE INFORMATION ASSURANCE ADVISOR
To provide business driven advice on the management of security and information risk consistent with Alliance, regional and national information assurance policy. In particular to:
* To assist Staff across the Alliance in the routine application and interpretation of security or information assurance policies and practices.
* Provide the Alliance with advice and guidance on necessary physical security requirements required to protect Staff, infrastructure, assets and information across the 3 Counties. Provide recommendations on cost effective improvements based on threat levels.
* Coordinate the Incident Management process, ensuring accurate reporting of incidents and ensuring appropriate actions are undertaken by relevant departments. Provides analysis and feedback, identifies trends in security breaches and recommending mitigating actions as required.
* Provide training and awareness on information assurance across the Alliance, ensuring a security culture that is embedded within the organisation.
* Undertake assigned routine or ad hoc audits to test compliance with information assurance policies or standards. Specifically, this will be focused on undertaking self-audits against the ISO27001 standard or other compliance requirements.
* As a result of audits, provide comprehensive reports identifying gaps in compliance, and recommend appropriate action plans to remedy any failings. Lead on the coordination of subsequent activity, reporting progress to the Alliance Information Assurance Manager.
* Provide oversight and management of the Alliance’s physical access control systems (FABS/PAC).
* Act as Crypto-Custodian for the Alliance, ensuring the efficient ordering, recording and issuing of cryptographic material.
* Provide second line support for security/information assurance related systems and applications and physical security furniture.
SKILLS/EXPERIENCE OF THE INFORMATION ASSURANCE ADVISOR
* CESG Certified IA Professional (SIRA/Accreditor) or working towards certification.
* A good understanding of the principles of information assurance, including confidentiality, integrity and availability, and how it can be applied across the different areas of an organisation.
* An understanding of risk management, and in particular risk assessments.
* Experience of providing specialist advice, knowledge and opinion, ideally within the field of information assurance.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex information to non-specialists.
If you are an Information Assurance Advisor, apply now or send your CV to Spinwell!
We welcome all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Applying to this or any other vacancy advertised by Spinwell Ltd constitutes an agreement for Spinwell Ltd to hold your details for 24 months for the purpose of assessing suitability for the advertised position and to make you aware of any other positions deemed suitable of which You will make you aware by means of either email, text or phone. In line with GDPR regulations you are able to request your details be removed from the company data at any time by emailing us