Our Glasgow based client is looking for a Maritime Technical Instructor to join them on a permanent basis.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
* Second Officer, Relevant Maritime Degree
* Exceptional knowledge and experience in Navigational technologies, including GMDSS.
* Demonstratable experience in delivery of Maritime courses
* Able and willing to work to flexible schedules/ shifts and commit the time required to get the job done
* Knowledge of industry and equipment used within the industry
* Good communication skills.
* Good organisation of teams.
* TQFE or equivalent teaching qualification.
* Previous experience in a similar role
* Qualified Assessor / Verifier
Key responsibilities for the Maritime Technical Instructor include:
* Delivering industry approved courses (MCA / STCW / BV)
* Delivery and assessment of simulation and non-simulation exercises.
* Consult with senior staff on new technical courses
* Embrace the company’s core values and culture.
* Attending weekly operational meetings.
* Work in a mentoring capacity with other instructors within the business, to drive increased proficiency within the team and upskill in new areas.
* Work in compliance with and participate in the review/audit of company Quality Management Systems as well as the Safety Management System (SMS).
* Maintain a high level of CPD across all areas of discipline.
* Meet targets, KPI’s and SLAs, as set by the company for the delivery of maritime training.
* Effectively contribute to the strategy for maritime training with a focus on simulation.
* Maintain a strong knowledge of simulation systems, capabilities, readiness etc to effectively offer solutions to clients demands.
* You may be asked to carry out other duties, not associated with your role, from time to time to support the wider business.
REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package