We are delighted to be working with a dynamic Sheffield based business who are looking for a Sales Ledger Clerk to join their friendly team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with a range of Sales Ledger and Credit Control tasks with the aim of providing an effective and smooth running sales ledger function within the company. This would suit a candidate who has previous experience in a sales ledger position and is seeking a busy, fast paced role in an exciting company.
- Raising the company's sales invoices and credit notes.
- Ensuring invoices are accurate with regards to; date, quantity, value, details, Currency, analysis and VAT treatment.
- Ensuring all invoices conform to customers specific requirements.
- Credit control duties, ensuring cash is collected in a timely manner.
- Administering the invoice discounting facility
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of VAT legislation relevant to the sales ledger function and company specific activities.
- Credit Card reconciliations
- Contribute towards identifying issues or potential improvements within the sales ledger function.
The successful candidate will require:
- Previous experience working a similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including knowledge of VLOOKUPS, Pivot Tables, and SUMIFS
- Strong, confident telephone manner
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and customer service skills
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Westfield Health Scheme
- Onsite parking
- Pension scheme
- Discount on company services
If this role is of interest, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions