The credit control team is part of the finance department of Colt UK which is located at the head office of Colt International Limited in Petersfield. Finance, led by the Finance Director, is also responsible for treasury, purchase ledger, payroll, financial/project/management accounting and fleet operations for the selling, service & manufacturing operations of the UK business. This role forms part of a team of 4 responsible for credit control of the (invoice, application and Service) sales ledger (£10m/400 accounts).
REPORTS TO: Credit Control Manager BASED AT: Petersfield Office
KEY RESULT AREA
Colt UK Business Performance
· Allocation of cash on a daily basis.
· Raise manual VAT invoices & return self-billing receipts.
· Maintain meaningful chase notes on the Baan system.
· Process new customer accounts/orders.
· Escalation of overdue payments to legal action.
· Order credit reports.
Credit Risk Management
· Evaluate all new orders within 48 hours of receipt.
· Where appropriate, authorise credit for new orders in accordance with the authority levels.
· Set/maintain/monitor credit limits.
· Devise and agree payment plans for higher risk clients .
· Identify emerging credit risk situations and mitigate with appropriate action plans.
· Put service ledger clients on stop for non-payment of aged debt.
· Seek to meet daily/weekly/monthly/annual cash collection targets and debt profile metrics e.g. DSO and %age overdue.
· Recovery of retention balances in line with contractual obligations.
· Ensure the effective allocation of cash receipts on a daily basis.
· Prepare supporting schedules to support bad debt and credit note provisioning requirements.
· Manage the self-billing VAT invoice process.
· Ensure that ledger discrepancies are eliminated in a timely manner.
· Maintain close links with Finance and Commercial teams/management for earliest awareness of credit risk issues.
· Attend meetings and provide input into debtor reviews as required.
· Adhere credit control to month end timetables and deadlines.
· Continuous improvement of credit control processes, procedures and controls.
· Escalation to Credit Controller Manager for high risk/overdue accounts.
· Monthly reviews with Credit Controller Manager/Commercial Manager or Director for all outstanding Applications/Invoices.
· Monthly Service ledger reviews with Finance Director, Service Manager and Business Support Co-ordinator.
· Raise paperwork for credit notes.
· Issue monthly statements.
· Escalate queries and maintain notes regarding progress.
· It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the company QHSE Policy.
· All employees are to be familiar with the integrated management system processes and procedures of the Company.
· We are committed to ensuring regulatory compliance for the products and solutions we offer.
· Employees must adhere to processes and procedures that have been implemented to ensure compliance.
· Employees must report any concerns to their line manager or the Technical Director/Compliance Lead.
· At least two years recent experience working as a credit controller.
· Working knowledge of accounting principles & practices.
· Direct exposure to an applications & certifications environment – as commonly operated in the construction/contracting industry.
· Exposure to Applications/Certification process commonly used in the construction industry.
· GCSE or equivalent Maths & English qualification.
· AAT qualified or studier.
25 days plus the 8 statutory holidays in England and Wales.
Kingspan Pension Plan.
Staff car parking facilities at the Petersfield and Havant sites.
Colt Group are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
A no smoking policy is in operation.
Approved Cycle to Work scheme