What if you could play a role in advancing life around the world?
Would you like to play a part in powering the energy of the future?
Would you like to work in a stable, profitable, and growing business?
If so, we should talk! – Koura, an Orbia business and part of the Fluorinated Solutions group, is hiring a Risk and Credit Manager (Fixed Term) based in Thornton Science Park, Chester (with Hybrid working options available).
About the role
* To manage the businesses insurance portfolio. Collecting information from key business contacts and liaising with insurances brokers. A timely renewal process is required. General administration of insurance invoices, claims and policy updates.
* Provide technical guidance, advice and assistance to all levels of the business on matters of credit and risk management.
* To carry out risk assessments and ensure that there is an on-going review of customer credit limits and that our annual review deadlines are met.
* Recommended trade terms based on customer and country risk, guarantees and payment security.
* Provision of regular reports and commentary to key stakeholders.
* Support the migration of credit procedures to SOX requirements being rolled out through 2023 and 2024.
* A clear risk management policy will need to be defined by the jobholder and rolled out to the key stakeholders. Key metrics such as DSO and total risk are expected to be maintained at current levels.
* To provide the business with weekly aged debtors commentary and monthly for the month end close process along with any other sales or customer reports as requested.
* Accounting for the Bad and Doubtful Debt provision and where necessary take legal action against debtors, ensuring the process is controlled and documented.
* Minimum 5 GCSE or equivalent.
* CICM qualification or equivalent is desirable.
* At least 5 years credit control experience in a complex business.
* Experience in preparing credit limit reviews for customers to include an accurate interpretation and summary of their financial statements.
* Strong Microsoft Excel and ERP skills.
* SAP experience preferrable.
* Experience of working collaboratively.
* Has worked on credit related process improvement projects.
About Koura, an Orbia business and part of the Fluorinated Solutions group
Orbia’s Fluorinated Solutions business Koura is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and supply of fluoroproducts that play a fundamental role in enhancing everyday lives and shortening the path to a sustainable, circular economy.
Backed by over 35 years of experience, Koura’s products are used in a vast range of applications including electric vehicles and energy storage, urban and rural infrastructure, indoor climate management, food and medicine refrigeration, and even in treating respiratory conditions through the development of healthy and innovative low-GWP propellants for metered-dose inhalers.
Koura has 1,600 employees and 13 manufacturing facilities worldwide, serving 60 countries through a global sales and distribution network.
Orbia is a purpose-led company with six industry-leading businesses, Koura is one of those Orbia Businesses. We are out to advance life around the world while maximizing value to our shareholders, customers, and employees. We are passionate about the topics that define how people will live and thrive tomorrow, always taking consideration of our values: Be Brave, Take Responsibility and Embrace Diversity.
Forbes named Orbia and its businesses as One of World's Best Employers in 2021. Entrepreneurial with an owner’s mindset and a long-term perspective, Orbia is a $9B+ global force with the agility of a start-up. Today, all Orbia has commercial activities in more than 110 countries and operations in over 50, employing more than 23,000 people worldwide.
We invite you to learn more about Orbia and its businesses