ABOUT OUR BUSINESS:
Established in 1978, J&C Ltd is one of the world’s leading manufactures and installers of flame-retardant fabrics, flooring, drapery and stage engineering solutions.
The award winning, Yorkshire-based company has a achieved a global reach through an international network of facilities, based in the UK, Europe, UAE, Vietnam, Hong Kong and Macau.
The company has completed numerous highly acclaimed drapery and stage engineering projects, in some of the world’s most prestigious establishments, across a range of sectors.
J&C Joel places a strong emphasis on the adoption of its values across its business, which focuses on the customer, excellence, innovation, partnerships and pride. Furthermore, the company holds a strong belief that its people are what make the business so special.
OVERALL ROLE PURPOSE:
The role holder will be responsible for ensuring the production of monthly management accounts and periodic financial reports. Maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records is key, along with a comprehensive set of controls to enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
A key aspect of this role is to ensure that there are effective, streamlined processes between each function, continual development of internal controls, identifying improvements and making efficiencies.
To provide effective support to the Financial Director and to be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the Finance department.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
· Preparation of monthly management accounts to agreed timescales, including balance sheet reconciliations;
· Calculate and provide commentary on variances from the budget, reporting significant issues to management;
· Maintain accruals and prepayments schedules;
· Maintain and manage the Capex process;
· Maintain an orderly accounting filing system;
· Provide accurate and timely financial reporting (such as margin and departmental reporting);
· Work with IT to consistently review and drive improvements to the ERP system;
· Prepare intercompany confirmation certs and monthly intercompany matrix;
· Prepare year-end consolidation and financial statements under FRS102;
· Comply with reporting requirements for VAT;
· Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting, i.e. National Statistic Returns;
· Financial governance - to ensure the company’s policies are current and are being adhered to;
· Run the month-end routine for the main UK entity whilst consolidating results from various overseas subsidiaries;
· Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
· Support the FD in the annual budget and ad hoc FR&A activities;
· Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
· Coordination the year-end audit;
· Continuous support of Finance team members, processes and procedures;
· Work closely with the Financial Director to ensure the financial systems are fit for purpose, sustainable and that users have correct access rights;
· Any other ad-hoc tasks required by the Finance Director.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ ACCA)
· Experienced in managing a team effectively
· High proficiency in Excel
· Must be a people person
· Strong teamwork skills essential
· Positive 'cando’ attitude
· An appetite to develop or change processes to improve efficiency
· Commercially aware
· Strong organisational skills with attention to detail and a methodical approach