Are you a Senior Software Engineer or IT Manager looking to step into a Solution Architect role? We’re helping our client in Swansea expand the technical team; they offer ongoing training and development and really invest in the internal team.
- You’ll be a strong communicator with experience in liaising with stakeholders of all levels
- We’re looking for someone who keeps up to date with architectural trends to advise and guide the wider IT team
- You’ll be passionate about what you do and provide technical SME advice and steering to the wider business
About the role:
The role of the solution architect is to develop and shape the overall application architecture strategy for business applications. The Solution Architect will work across all IT and with key business stakeholders to develop and design IT application solutions that help drive and deliver the IT and business strategy, with a primary focus on the underlying technical system design, rather than business process.
- Develops an application architecture strategy and roadmap that is fit for purpose by aligning to business and IT strategy.
- Documents and promotes the application architecture strategy and roadmap across IT delivery teams and wider IT including the as-is and to-be application architecture.
- Ensure application architecture strategy are developed to industry best practise.
- Support product delivery teams in identifying and developing technical solutions that address technical and business problems.
- Provides technical SME advice and steering to the wider business.
- Tracks, asses and escalates application technology opportunities that may benefit/drive business strategy.
- Works in partnership with internal and external business stakeholders to ensure vendor applications integrate with company technology solutions and strategies seamlessly.
The experience required
- Proven experience in application architecture design and implementation for medium and large enterprises, or 6 years+ experience in technical IT development and IT management.
- Broad understanding of modern technology platforms and solutions including Java, .NET and Microservice Architecture.
- Previous exposure to a DevOps delivery culture including CICD and Kubernetes / OpenShift containerisation orchestration.
- Have a balanced mix of technical and business skills.
- Build and maintain good customer/supplier relationships.
- Understand, develop and work within a governance framework
‘Apply Now’ to be considered or contact Kim for a confidential chat on