My client provides infrastructure solutions which encompass backup, archive, high availability, storage, compute and networking including private cloud. They harness leading global vendors to independently architect end-to-end solutions to help business manage and be assured of their data.
They are offering a unique experience to a Backend Software Engineer to develop a cross platform architecture to automate processes between a web-based dashboard and their customer interface and cloud services.
This will be a greenfield project initially with a program of further ongoing applications being developed
· 5+ years commercial experience of software development
· You should have strong programming experience,
· A good understanding of Microservice architecture/MongoDB/AWS/Springboot/RPC
· Experience with REST API to develop cross platform architecture.
· Knowledge and experience with common Agile techniques and concepts: User Stories, BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
· Experience with continuous integration and deployment processes and working on both greenfield and existing architectures (including strong Git, GitHub experience)
· Good written and verbal communication skills - needed for communicating with a wide range of people, both internally and occasionally externally in a professional manner
Additional Desirable skills/attributes
· Experience of low-level development and associated paradigms (sockets, threads, async protocols, error handling)
· Exposure to Test driven development, Behaviour driven development, Test Automation, Secure by design approaches
· Exposure to large scale, high volume, multi-threaded and highly distributed systems
· Involvement in open-source development and may even contribute to one or more repos
· A self-starter, efficient and innovative
· An original thinker
· An enthusiastic and able problem-solver
· Enthusiastic team player with the ability to lead where appropriate
· A keen learner with a strong desire to upskill in a variety of software development techniques
For more information please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group at