Our client, who are a Project Management Consultancy based in Gloucester are seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join the team on a full-time permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the contractual and financial side of the construction projects. This will include but not be limited to, managing and supporting the project budget, looking for opportunities to minimise cost to enhance value for money, managing the tender process as well as procuring suitable subcontractors. You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the commercial performance of the projects ensuring the required standards and quality are achieved.
As the client is a consultancy, it is a requirement that candidates must be experienced on the client side, which means that you act on behalf of the client as opposed to working contractor side.
- Attend the initial meeting to establish the client's requirements
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including Bills of Quantities with the Architect and/or
the Client and submit.
- Analyse response to tender, performing risk, value management and cost control.
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- Perform risk, value management and cost control.
- Advise on a Procurement Strategy.
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks.
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders.
- Allocate work to Subcontractors.
- Provide advice on contractual claims.
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports.
- Value completed work and arrange payments.
- Maintain awareness of the various Building Contracts in current use.
- Understand the implications of Health and Safety Regulations.
- Degree qualified with a RICS accredited degree in a related subject, for instance BSc in Quantity Surveying and Cost Management
- Practical, logical and a highly methodical way of thinking, with creative and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Strong financial and numeracy management skills with the ability to write clear and precise reports, to relay complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people
- Good working knowledge of construction
- Negotiation and teamwork skills with the ability to motivate and lead others
- A clear understanding of HSE building regulations and legal guidelines
- Full, clean and current UK driver’s license
Hours; 8am - 5:30pm Monday - Friday = 42.5 per week
Salary; Competitive depending on experience