Pre sales / Infrastructure Solutions / Design / Consultant / Architect / Architecture / Engineer / Cloud / Azure
EllisKnight Technology currently have a vacancy for a Pre sales consultant (Cloud) for a managed IT Service provider based in Gloucestershire. The role will suit either a current engineer looking for a move into a pre sales consultant / Cloud solutions architecture role or an existing pre sales consultant/Architect who is looking for that next step. This is a great role and you will be part of growing the Cloud solutions capability for this growing business.
The company provides a flexible approach to working that covers a combination of working from the head office, working from home and client site working. Most clients are based across the South West with a handful of clients based in the north/midlands and London.
The successful applicant will work closely with the IT Sales team to produce end to end solutions. Including chargeable sales engagement, technical demonstrations, strategic consultancy, solution design and tender response.
As a Solutions Consultant, you are part of an accomplished Infrastructure community working with the latest technologies and vendors on challenging and complex Infrastructure solutions, cloud transformation journeys and hybrid cloud solutions; helping our clients get the very best solutions in the most cost effective way. Ideally you will be certified with the core industry certifications and have a good amount of experience in customer facing hands-on design and implementation preferably working within an IT reseller environment.
Desired technical skills:
- Strong technical background, with a broad 'hands on' design led experience incorporating traditional and modern infrastructure solutions (Virtualisation, Servers, Storage, Exchange, cloud, hybrid cloud)
- Cloud experience from either a practical or theoretical perspective. This role will be providing traditional infrastructure based solutions so a desire to develop your career with a blend of traditional and Cloud / innovative based solutions will be great.
- Microsoft 365 Suite and migrations to Modern Workplace solutions
- Azure Subscription design, Governance, Roles and Policies
- Windows Operating systems, Active Directory and Azure AD
- Hypervisor technologies (VMware / Hyper-V) solutions
- Server technologies, solution design and implementation
- SAN technologies, solution design and implementation
- HPE and Aruba technology stack
- Define or contribute to the design of the vision and roadmaps for cloud-based and hybrid-cloud solutions for our clients.
- Engage with senior leadership and project stakeholders to articulate opportunities, costs, and risks associated with decisions made around the platform architecture and implementation.
- To design and define cloud architectural solutions and oversee their implementation
- Lead or work with peers to design and/or implement technical solutions; working through customer specifications and developing solutions in line with defined requirements.
- Provide consultancy to support sales in winning new business opportunities.
- Contribute to Proposals and Statements of Work as required when assisting with pre sales.
- Work closely with all teams to ensure project and service delivery meet customer expectations.
- Take ownership for technical delivery of projects
- Promote an environment that encourages collaboration, team working and innovation within the Consulting Services team.
- Support or lead successful delivery of cloud migration and implementations in both hybrid and full migration capacities.