The Assistant Manager will report into the Head of Operations and take responsibility for the operational cleaning teams. You will deliver excellent customer service by ensuring all requests from users within BA Soft Service areas are executed in a timely, accurate and professional manner, all within the agreed service level requirements.
The Assistant Manager will be a leader and a role model to the cleaning team on site, ensuring a positive culture while maintaining a well-run effective and innovative cleaning operation.
You will oversee the cleaning teams at Heathrow and Gatwick who work on a shift basis, ensuring all facilities remain well presented, safe and clean. You will work closely with the Quality Assurance Manager to ensure standard are maintained and exceeded and be responsible for ensuring that staff are trained, and that H&S is at the forefront of their day-to-day activities
This role will be based at Heathrow with the occasional need to to travel to Gatwick
- Lead the Cleaning / Presentation team to ensure there is a positive, motivational, supportive working environment.
- Ensure advanced planning of all cleaning operations including periodic tasks with clear schedules and sign off all duties and tasks completed.
- Have a focus on training and development of the team to establish good working practices with a vision and focus on both cleaning operation and creating meaningful positive customer experience interactions.
- Carry out and manage daily audits to ensure high standards of cleanliness and a safe environment is always evident throughout the areas.
- Provide professional support to the business in service-related matters and to SLT in all contractual matters.
- Ensure high standards are always achieved, being flexible to meet the changing operational needs on a continual basis and to suggest new initiatives to ensure continuous improvement and best practice are continually delivered.
- Take full ownership and manage to conclusion all cleaning feedbacks or complaints.
- Focus on strategic planning and implementation of best practice initiatives and innovation, ensuring we remain at the forefront of cleaning and operational practices.
- Ensure the cleaning and presentation team are equipped and have the knowledge to positively impact the portfolio for all users daily.
- Work closely with all stakeholders and departments adding value and promoting team work throughout.
- Manage and report on all cleaning operational budgets with full transparency including forecasted spends.
- Control the delivery of the colleague's rosters, completion of payroll and correct manning levels ensuring compliance is always maintained.
- Carry out and manage daily audits to ensure high standards of cleanliness and a safe environment is always evident throughout the site.
- Manage recruitment, induction training, developing, and retaining of colleagues and ensure continued ongoing focus and report on monthly.
- Ensure adequate quality performance measures (KPI's/SLA's) are adhered to and any non-compliance is resolved in a professional manner with clear plans and next steps visible to all.
- Conduct quality audits to ensure service delivery adheres to the requirements of ISO9001 and that outcome achieves / exceed client expectations.
- Provide initial line of escalation both for customers and staff.
- Co-ordinate the information required for the Monthly Performance Reports. Ensuring information is provided in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with OCS customer and colleagues, adhering to all current policies.
- Flexibility with working hours is required to accommodate the needs of the business.
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- A good standard of education
- Qualified in BICS (desirable)
- An appropriate management qualification in leadership or proven track record. i.e ILM Level 5
- A Health and Safety qualification - NEBOSH/IOSH would be desirable
- Formal training qualifications would be desirable
- Customer Service Skills NCFE Level 2
- Full Uk Driving Licence would be desirable
- Previous experience of delivering soft service functions, working within a public-facing customer service environment
- Experience of managing and directing teams from 3 staff up to 200.
- Working to perform against specific targets in this case KPI or equivalent.
- Able to manage complexity and able to deliver with short deadlines.
- Outstanding stakeholder management, strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Able to work weekends/late nights, shift cover to ensure full management of our operation.
What will you get in return?
- A pension scheme- to save for the future - eligibility rules apply
- Access to high street discounts
- Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme 'OCS Stars'- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated 'Impact' Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Wellbeing Support
Why join OCS Group Ltd?
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
We are the largest family-owned facilities management services company in the world and we deliver over 70 accredited services internationally.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.