Here at DS Smith Wellingborough, we have an exciting opportunity for a Shift Manager to join our team and play a vital role in the ongoing development of this packaging site! We're looking for leaders to drive the site forward, so communication and people management skills will be essential to your success.
Your job will require you to focus on the performance management of key personnel to ensure that productivity improvement plans are met, also ensuring departmental targets are achieved and actively pursuing improvements in the workplace through cooperation with the General Manager.
Additionally, you will work alongside other department managers to support new change programmes with the goal of improving business performance and reducing costs. Adding this onto the daily responsibility of motivating staff to deliver on KPIs, this role will be constantly engaging and provide you with multiple opportunities to develop yourself, your team, and the site as part of the DS Smith group.
This is a shift-based role operating between 6am-10pm (weekdays), with a shorter finish at 5.30pm on a Friday
· Graduate level or relevant experience
· Previous experience of leading a team of at least ten people in a manufacturing environment
· Ability to work under pressure to solve issues
· Excellent communication and influencing skills
· The ability to set targets and manage performance to achieve these results
· Sound analytical and problem solving skills
· A professional attitude based around development, engagement and improvement
· £35-40K Depending on experience
· Pension scheme?
· Life assurance?
· Income protection?
· 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
· Annual Cycle to Work Scheme