£18k - £22k
Our leading Insurance client has a new opportunity for a Claims Administrator to join their busy and friendly team.
In this new role you will provide an effective and efficient support to the Team Managers in the handling of a variety of Insurance related claims.
Your main responsibilities as Claims Administrator will include:
- Assist Claim Handlers with the processing of claims by dealing with simple updates and correspondence
- Ensure that new claims and correspondence are actioned in accordance in a timely manner
- Ensure that all correspondence (written or verbal) is polite and professional and formatted in agreed templates and branding
- Ensuring claims are managed in accordance with agreed diary procedures and assist in keeping the teams diary up to date
- Inputting and updating the Claims Management System
- Passing file to costs auditors and where appropriate prior to settling bills
- Approving payments up to a specified approval limit
- Adding payee details to the database and claims management system
- Answering customer queries about the claims process in a courteous and efficient manner
- Making outbound telephone calls in order to gather claims information
- Ensure that client confidentiality is maintained at all times and that data protection requirements are adhered to
- Provide general assistance in the office and to colleagues where appropriate
To be a successful Claims Administrator you will demonstrate:
- Experience and confidence in effectively communicating over the telephone and by email and in a professional and supportive manner
- Experience of administration work or customer service
- Excellent organisational and time keeping skills
- Confidence to own tasks without supervision
- Experience of using all Microsoft Office programs
Knowledge of any types of Insurance claims will be advantageous.