Assistant Accountant – Worksop – £20,000 - £25,000 + Study Support
Our Worksop based client has a new role for an Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis. This role will mainly provide support to the Finance Manager/Management Accountant to ensure the completion of all monthly reconciliations. This role would suit someone with a couple years’ experience or a graduate looking to kick start their career in a fantastic stable business. The business is experiencing a large amount of growth and really is a fantastic opportunity for development. This is a global business who work at a phenomenally fast pace, so you need to be able to work quickly and accurately and have really good communication skills.Assistant Accountant Responsibilities:
- Producing Monthly Accounts for overhead cost centres
- Assisting in the preparation of cost centre budgets and forecasts.
- Reconciliation and processing of prepayments, accruals and standard charges
- Management of Company paid credit cards
- Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Completion of national statistics returns
- Oversee and assist in the completion of all bank account reconciliations.
- Ensure year end schedules required for tax packs are completed on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of PSA to ensure correct calculation and submissions to HMRC
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts with other group companies
- Quarterly preparation of VAT returns
- Processing Intercompany Journals
- Replenishing and reconciling petty cash
Working hours are 8.30-5 Monday to Friday – it’s a 40 hour working weekRequired Skills & Experience:
In Return You’ll Receive:
- AAT qualified or studying towards CIMA/ACCA
- A comprehensive understanding of accounting systems and the interaction of ledgers would be advantageous but not essential.
- Confident communicator both verbally and written
- Ability to juggle work load and adapt
- Strong problem solver
If you are interested in finding out about this exciting Assistant Accountant opportunity, please click ‘apply now’.
- Genuine opportunity to progress within a global business.
- Work from home.
- 25 days holiday + stats
- Fantastic exposure and experience in a large fast paced business.
Chase & Holland acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. We specialise in finance, supply chain, HR, IT and office support recruitment and comfortably service Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Staffordshire and Lincolnshire.