Key Stage 2 Teacher needed - Richmond Upon Thames - September 2021 start
Salary per year depending on experience
September 2021 start, permanent position
We are currently working with a school in Richmond upon Thames, looking for an enthusiastic, inspirational and caring Year 3 teacher to join a team committed to developing their class.
This 2 form entry Primary school was graded 'Good' by Ofsted in 2018 and are seeking to work towards an 'Outstanding' status.
* Parents strongly support the work of the school and particularly the care and guidance available for their children.
* Pupils behave well and they are keen to learn. Relationships are good because pupils understand the school rules. They feel safe, happy and enjoy coming to school. This is reflected in the improved rate of attendance, which is now above average.
* The quality of teaching is good. Teachers use their subject knowledge well and are effectively supported by teaching assistants. Overall, staff morale is high.
* Pupils achieve well and make good progress across the school. Outcomes for groups of pupils are analysed precisely to ensure effective extra support is available when required. As a result, attainment at the end of Key Stage 2 is above average.
* Children in the Nursery and Reception classes make good progress, particularly in phonics (the sounds that letters make). This is built upon effectively across the school and, as a result, pupils enjoy reading and their achievement in the subject is good.
* Pupils are prepared effectively for the next stage of their education and for life in modern democratic Britain. This is because their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is well promoted.
* The behaviour of pupils is good. In lessons, pupils show positive attitudes to learning and work together well. They settle quickly in individual and group work and generally show a pride in the presentation in their books. They listen carefully to instructions so that they understand what they have to do. They cooperate well with each other when working together or sharing ideas. They understand that good behaviour helps them to improve their work.
* Pupils move around the large school building sensibly and safely. Outside, the small playground has a wide range of equipment for the pupils to use, which is well supervised. Pupils understand that the rules for using the equipment are for their safety because they helped to set the guidance through the school council.
* Pupils contribute to the work of the school through the school council, specific tasks and helping other classes; for example, Year 5 pupils regularly support Year 2 pupils in their reading. Pupils feel that the Headteacher and Deputy Headteacher are always available to help and do listen and respond to any concerns.
* Pupils show care and respect for their school. Classrooms, stairs, corridors and the playground are tidy and litter free. In the breakfast and after school clubs, pupils were well behaved and respectful towards the adults and the environment.
* Competitive salary
* Wide array of schools and settings
* Work as and when you choose
* Easy access to motorway
* Excellent public transport links
* Free parking on site
* PGCE certification
* QTS or be an NQT
* Applicants must satisfy all requirements to live and work in the UK
* Must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of raising standards across to
* Excellent organisational skills
* An ability to promote effective teaching
* Enthusiasm commitment and flexibility
* Planning and teaching the KS2 curriculum to a high standard
* Driving performance within the classroom
* Ensuring targets are met and exceeded
* Managing behaviour within the classroom
Should you wish to apply for this position or should you want to discuss further, please follow the process below and submit your CV.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'