Our premier US headquartered law firm is seeking an Office Manager for their London office. Reporting into the Co-Managing Partners and Global Director of Talent, this role has a broad range of responsibilities with an emphasis on operations and personnel management. The London Office Manager will be responsible for the efficient and effective functioning of the office in collaboration with the lawyers to ensure adherence to the firm's standards of excellence, as well as its policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities for the Office Manager will include:
- Overall responsibility for co-ordination of office operations and administrative functions including HR, Professional Development, Recruitment, Office Services, Facilities, Secretaries, Reception and the day-to-day running of the London office
- Work with the Co-Managing Partners to ensure the smooth running of the office and to develop new policies and procedures and ensure global consistency where possible
- Working with the Co-Managing Partners on confidential partner matters
- Facilitate weekly partner/partner and counsel meetings and present regular monthly updates on business support services at those meetings
- Work with support function managers including Finance, IS, Compliance, Library, Marketing, Pro Bono, Legal Assistants, Data Management, Practice Managers, Professional Support Lawyers and Corporate Staff Attorney
- In conjunction with the HR team, all aspects of local human resources including recruitment, orientation, training, compensation, benefits, performance evaluations and development, relocations, communication and administration of all firm policies and wellbeing initiatives.
- Overall responsibility for London payroll
- Responsible for the annual salary review and bonus process for all support staff
- Regular review of management reports and analysis relating to headcount
- Ensure full compliance with all UK employment laws, utilising outside counsel for guidance as necessary
- Responsible for annual renewal of benefits insurances (private medical, international private medical, private dental, permanent health income, group life insurance, EAP)
- Responsible for partner and lawyer relocations and secondments
- Arrange and chair regular meetings of the office support function managers
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager, develop the annual office operations budget and on-going expenditure monitoring throughout the year
- Responsible for approval of invoices and expenses, where applicable, and authorised signatory on the London office bank accounts
- Responsible for annual office insurances, office leases, space planning and moves
- Oversee office facilities including building management relationships, broker relationships, maintenance and renovation.
- Oversee purchasing and vendor services to ensure value and efficiency
- Regular liaison with Regional Head of IS to keep up to date with global IS initiatives
- Oversee the co-ordination of onsite meetings and internal events and seminars
- Responsible for London office visitors
- Overall responsibility and management of contractors including catering, travel agency, London corporate hotel agreements and cleaning services
The ideal candidate will have substantial office management experience in a law firm environment, and strong operational, leadership, organisational, technical and interpersonal skills. You will be an excellent communicator and able to prioritise within a very busy environment. The ability to build strong and effective relationships at all levels is crucial, as is the ability to work in a flat organisation where decisions are made on a consensus approach and indirect influence skills are of paramount importance.