As our global footprint across specialty lines counties to grow we are expanding our Delegated Underwriting Authority Team with a new appointment of a Reporting & Oversight Technician. This is an excellent opportunity to join our specialist team supporting both our MGA Rokstone and our wholesale broking operation Consilium.
As "DUA Reporting & Oversight Technician" you will ensure DUA’s across the Aventum Group of Companies are recorded within DUA’s systems, Delegated Authority Framework and Operational Procedures.
Identifying the reporting "standard" requirements pre inception, life cycle performance monitoring, communicating reporting activity and compliance with key deliverables to relevant stakeholders, ensuring accurate reporting of risk, premium and claims data, measured against contract KPI’s.
You will play an integral role within the team delivering a consistent level of feedback, communicating performance of the DA estate, proactively working within the DA Framework, collaborating with the business and support services, to ensure enhance the reputation of the business and its clients.
- Prior to inception of any contract, identify relevant reporting standards, articulating reporting requirements & standards, measured against type of contract &/or markets and considering carrier &/or coverholder class specific requirements, identifying any issues or limitations.
- Mapping output from data sources to the agreed carrier format, through the use intrali maintaining Submission Monitoring oversight reporting.
- Adding contract activity (New/Renewing/MTA) into Intarga, updating existing methods of performance reporting, including market platforms such as DDM.
- Record all Bordereau activity monitoring the processing of Risk, Premium, Claims bordereaux and Gross/Estimated Written Premium Income Limits, using Policy Administration or VIPR Systems.
- Use analytical skills to translate MI production of relevant statistical information, using Microsoft BI or other applications.
- Produce performance reports supporting placing requirements and insurer presentation needs, undertaking quality checks and communicating technical issues and escalation of queries.
- Where required, prepare submissions via Insurers Market Repository, including the loading up of all placing documentation, post placing activity and Bordereau submissions, creating work packages and monitor/record subsequent signing activity.Address any queries which are raised in connection with work packages, understand route cause of issues and escalate finding within the team or communicate required changes to the Business and conclude work package activity.
- Represent DUA when participating in internal meetings/working Groups/external stakeholder meetings, ensuring active presence, clear communication of any actions, taking ownership of relevant task, working with relevant departments to achieve required outcomes, supporting the promotion of the team in all areas.
- Maintain effective relationships with external stakeholders; Lloyds, Regulators, Brokers, Coverholders & Market Peers, identifying potential or actual issues that may adversely affect the business
- Maintain knowledge of the insurance regulatory environment, keep abreast of market changes and demonstrate awareness in order to communicate or develop appropriate changes to procedures or DUA Framework.
Skills & Abilities
- Confident stakeholder management skills to create positive new or continuing established working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills face to face, written and verbal.
- Ability to develop and sustain relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload and follow through on tasks/projects.
- Accurate and prompt data entry.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of all company specific procedures that relate to own role.
- Demonstrate clear understating of the roles of colleagues and their relationships to the structure and operation of the department and wider organisation
- A strong team player who is willing to learn and progress in this role.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in delegated authority business, preferably working in an insurance company or Lloyds syndicate.
- Experience of working within the London / Lloyd's insurance market, regulation, specifically relating to delegated underwriting authority.
- Experience of using Lloyd's tools such as DCOM (Atlas, BAR), DDM (DA SATS) and Xchanging.
Education and Qualifications
- At least 5 A-C Grade GCSE’s including English, Maths and ICT.
- Desirable: Insurance qualifications e.g. CII