The Ardonagh Group is the largest independent insurance broker in the UK, with 7,000 employees working across our established brands nationwide. The Ardonagh Advisory arm of our business offers a broad spectrum of commercial, health and lifestyle insurance products and services through brands and networks such as Towergate Insurance, Towergate Health & Protection, Footman James, Ethos and Bravo Network. Our people are the reason behind our success.
There’s never been a better time to join us and be part of our story.
We have several fantastic opportunities for experienced Resourcing Consultants to join the Ardonagh Advisory business. These are critical roles for both the recruitment team and the wider business as we aim to take our in-house talent acquisition capability to the next level.
This is a fast-paced, high performing team that provide a full recruitment and talent acquisition offer to all areas of the business, whether that’s developing and implementing a resourcing strategy for new colleagues at entry level, or conducting a search assignment for more experienced hires.
As a Resourcing Consultant you will have key relationships with Regional Managing Directors, Area Directors and hiring managers, and work alongside the HR team to make sure we deliver the people capability the business needs to achieve ongoing success.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide high calibre recruitment and resourcing expertise, acting as a subject matter expert to the business to identify, support and enable the business to recruit the right people, at the right time, to achieve current and future business plans. Essential to this will be building strong, credible, trusted relationships with the business.
The Resourcing Consultant will work in-collaboration with the Resourcing Partner on a wide range of dynamic talent related activities including: -
- Managing the end to end recruitment process for a variety of roles across the business through direct sourcing, and proactive search.
- Bring a forward-thinking approach to sourcing talent, using cutting edge attraction strategies including use of digital channels.
- Ensuring business plans and key strategic objectives are at the forefront of each recruitment plan.
- Pro-active market mapping and identification of talent for key positions, both to meet current and future needs.
- Coaching and training hiring managers on recruitment best practice
- Advertising, interviewing, and assessing candidates to ensure that we attract and retain the best talent.
- Ensuring the recruitment process enhances the candidate experience and perception of our business.
- All support and administration required in the delivery of recruitment and resourcing support to the business.
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Resourcing Plans - Contribute to the creation of resourcing plans which link to both the business and HR people plans, actioning the agreed resourcing plans to deliver the workforce requirements of the business.
- Account Management and Collaboration - Build strong, credible, and trusted relationships with the business, acting as the resourcing subject matter expert - taking time to understand business plans and objectives to ensure we recruit the right people. Support and guide hiring managers through the business through the recruitment process.
- Direct Sourcing - Develop and deliver proactive Resourcing and talent acquisition campaigns, including the effective and proactive talent pipelines and market mapping for key roles within the business.
- Selection - Coach and support Recruitment Managers in interviewing and assessment, equipping them to undertake interviews competently and to high quality
- Best Practice - Contribute, as a team, to the validation, review, development and implementation of talent acquisition and resourcing standards, processes and techniques.
- Culture and Behaviours - Drive a culture of business ownership and accountability for Resourcing/Recruitment management practices to ensure policy, systems and procedures are embedded to enable a high-performance culture.
What are we looking for?
- Experienced recruiters from either an in-house talent acquisition function or an agency environment.
- People with a track record of successfully recruiting into a range of roles at all levels including both volume and senior hires, using direct source methodologies.
- Self-starters, able to manage own workload and prioritise to deliver against multiple projects concurrently.
- Used to operating in a complex commercial environment, ideally in insurance, financial services, or sectors of equivalent complexity (experience of working in Insurance/Broking is desirable)
- Demonstrates business acumen - understand how the business operates and being able to talk the 'business language’
- Strong relationship/account management skills, including negotiation, contracting, consultancy, facilitation, influencing, presentation and communication skills
- Skilled using tools such as ATS’s (we use Networx), LinkedIn and LinkedIn recruiter, relevant databases and ideally market mapping and intelligence gathering tools
- Advanced ability to source qualified candidates by networking and building strong relationships with referral sources. In-depth understanding of direct hire strategies in a financial services environment
- Inquisitive, asking questions, listening, taking on board differing viewpoints and perspectives and making considered and balanced decisions.
- An entrepreneurial approach and willingness to use new and unique resourcing techniques
- Ability to coach senior leaders and manage difficult discussions
- Collaborative, creative and innovative approach, with a strong service and business partnership ethic
- Displays the drive and energy to produce excellent results and to continually find ways of improving relationships, outputs and processes.