Senior Financial Lines Underwriter
Hiscox has an established reputation underwriting miscellaneous and traditional Professional Indemnity and we have grown a substantial book of business to date.
The market is growing exponentially and we want to make the most of the opportunity by adding a specialist Senior Underwriter with Professional Indemnity expertise to our London regional team.
You will responsible for driving the profitable growth of the London PI business at a time when we have ambitious growth plans. You will join an established and high performing team underwriting larger and more complex PI business.
What You'll Be Doing
- Being a brand ambassador for your region as a recognised and experienced underwriter by your broker partners
- Underwriting professional indemnity and larger, more complex commercial cases consistently and profitably
- Leading the setting and execution of the local underwriting strategy for your specialist area in conjunction with the Branch Manager and Regional Underwriting Manager
- Influencing the UK Product Heads on underwriting appetite and strategy
- Leading underwriting in your specialist area by taking referrals of more complex risks (possibly from outside the region)
- Leading underwriting and sales visits to larger clients and prospects
- Ensuring that the target retention rate for the region is achieved, handling some cases yourself
- Developing close, effective relationships with brokers to develop new opportunities to contribute to the team new business targets
- Increasing submission & conversion numbers through large client prospecting
- Building product specific knowledge and sales skills amongst underwriter
Our Must Haves
- Excellent and in-depth knowledge of specific financial lines of business and appetite
- Understanding of the underwriting lifecycle including policy wordings, pricing & claims
- Understanding of pricing a risk and the factors that can affect pricing
- Good knowledge of the insurance market, industry, competitors, Brokers and factors that can affect the market including soft/hard markets
- Strong communication, relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a hunger for winning business
- Able to make intelligent and innovative business decisions
- An appreciation and understanding of legal and regulatory guidelines
- Ideally ACII qualified or exempt through relevant experience as defined by the FCA
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox:
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.