The Ardonagh Group is the largest independent insurance broker in the UK, with 7,000 employees working across our established brands nationwide. The Ardonagh Advisory arm of our business offers a broad spectrum of commercial, health and lifestyle insurance products and services through brands and networks such as Towergate Insurance, Towergate Health & Protection, Footman James, Ethos and Bravo Network. Our people are the reason behind our success.
There’s never been a better time to join us and be part of our story.
Background to the role:
We have ambitious growth plans with a significant element of that growth coming through acquisition. With people are at the centre of all that we do, our HR team needs to be equipped to effectively support all mergers and acquisition activity.
We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner, ideally with experience of mergers, acquisitions and/or transformational change, to become a key part of our HR team within our Advisory segment. If you are looking for variety and challenge we would love to hear from you.
Purpose of the Role:
You will lead the HR change team to deliver transformational change activity alongside mergers and Acquisitions, and produce effective reporting and insights on progress and key HR metrics to enable business leaders and the HR leadership team to make relevant and timely decisions to further our overall people strategy.
- Effectively planning, delivering, reporting, and evaluating change initiatives and transformation projects, acting as a subject matter expert for M&A activity
- Provide oversight for the pre- and post-acquisition people activity including the planning, development and monitoring of all project activity including OD, TUPE and M&A activity
- Promote the utilisation of data, insights and analysis across the team to inform strategic thinking around work processes and organisational design with a view of improving overall business efficiency
- Collate and report strategic people plans to align them with the HR and organisation strategy.
- Analyse business requirements through key stakeholder discussions, surveys, employee workshops and external benchmarking.
- Building trusted relationships with senior stakeholders and leaders in the business, influencing and challenging where necessary
- Tracking and monitoring people projects/initiatives
- Driving a culture of business ownership and accountability for people management practices to ensure HR policy, systems and procedures are embedded to enable a high-performance culture.
You will bring extensive experience and enthusiasm to the role. Specifically we are looking for:
- An established HR business partner with experience working at a strategic level, and a deep understanding of the end to end HR delivery model, thorough knowledge of the generalist HR function and core HR service delivery.
- Effective project and programme management skills including mergers and acquisitions with experience of managing a portfolio of initiatives, ideally within a regulated environment
- Experience developing process maps with the ability to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience of effective stakeholder management of senior leaders with an ability to communicate and influence, including developing and delivering board level presentations, data insight and reporting
- CIPD or relevant degree qualified or working towards it
- Evidence of business and commercial acumen, resilience and confidence to hold challenging conversations where views and opinions differ, a creative and innovative approach to problems and solutions and an ability to deal with ambiguity and working autonomously
- Excellent data management, report writing & presentation skills with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite and HRIS