Lockton is the world’s largest privately held independent insurance broker. Their focus is to provide their clients with the best in risk management, insurance and employee benefits consulting.
The business is currently recruiting for an Business Support Technician. This position will be within the Specie team, which forms part of the Lockton Transportation division. Specie includes insuring Fine Art, Goldware and similar.
The role would suit candidates who have previous insurance experience in a similar type of role.
For those who wish to, there is opportunity to undertake the Chartered Institute of Insurance qualifications (fully funded and supported by the business).
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Document production in support of the placement of insurance contracts
- Timely problem resolution
- Maintaining administrative lists, logs, trackers and diary systems
- Create / maintain processing files and records (as appropriate)
- Effect Settlement of premiums to bureaux insurers (as appropriate)
- Managing bureaux queries and rejections
- Manage bureaux reconciliations
- Develop effective internal / external relationships, communicating effectively at all levels
- Utilise core systems / market interfacing technology to effectively process and manage the company’s business
- Effectively plan and organise workload in order to meet the defined Service Standards
- Awareness of / adherence to operating procedures as detailed within the Operating Procedures Manual (OPM) / Team supplements / Transportation Best Practice documentation
- Understanding changes and developments in regulation / Market Reform, including impact upon the business
- Willingness and ability to continue to develop knowledge through formal and informal learning, both internal and external to the company
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications
- Work in support of other team colleagues
Theentrepreneurial culture of the Lockton business is reflected in empowering their associates to act quickly, learn fast and provide the right solutions for their clients.