Avencia Consulting are currently recruiting on behalf of a well known Insurance firm based in The City, who are looking to hire an Underwriting Assistant to join the Fine Art and Specie team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Crisis Management and within the Fine Art and Specie team, the primary purpose of the role is to provide underwriting and administrative support to Underwriters.
- Support the pre-underwriting process focusing on review of historical performance, policy wordings, and pricing adequacy based upon predefined underwriting rules and/or guidelines.
- Accountable for completeness of contents of underwriting package prior to handover to Underwriter for risk analysis/risk selection process.
- Liaise with the placing broker throughout the underwriting cycle and policy period to ensure receipt of all necessary documents and manage any credit control issues.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor's Degree and progress towards ACII or other relevant commercial insurance industry designations
- Basic knowledge of commercial insurance and regulatory requirements
- Basic competency in MS Office applications: Word, Outlook, Excel and Adobe Standard required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work effectively and professionally with diverse groups.