Our client, a specialist international insurance broker, is looking for an International Business Developer to join their London (City) office. As an International Business Developer, you will prospect for business to establish a book of new business using current market knowledge and contacts in combination with the company’s resources, Account Managers, to cross-sell and maintain high retention ratios, and contacts within the marketplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate and pursue new opportunities within the large and middle market client base.
- Provide clients with products aligned to their needs and requirements.
- Partner with Account Managers to maintain and grow a book of business.
- Maintain relationships with prospects to result in closure.
- Meet annual sales goals and targets.
- Design and implement sales programs, projects, and campaigns with assistance from marketing department.
- Manage overall UK strategy in conjunction with the Commercial Insurance Sales Manager (UK & EMEA).
- Travel both internationally and domestically to attend client meetings, when required.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Global experience in A&H, with IPMI or P&C experience advantageous
- Experience within a wholesale or retail broker
- Evidence of proven insurance sales success
- A strong client base and contacts
- Skills in establishing strong relationships with retail carriers and underwriters
- Experience working with Lloyd’s brokers and syndicate underwriters
- Skilled in speaking both English and French (bilingual)
- Experience in partnering with NGO’s and charities advantageous