Avencia Consulting are currently recruiting on behalf of a reputable Insurance & Reinsurance client based in The City, who are looking to hire an Underwriting Assistant to join the Aviation and Aerospace team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Aviation, the primary purpose of the role is to provide underwriting and administrative support to Underwriters of the Aerospace and Aviation team in London.
Great opportunity for an ambitious, driven and hard-working person to join a dynamic and growing underwriting team in the Aerospace insurance market. The role will give opportunities to gain exposure and to learn from senior management and underwriting team members.
- Support the pre-underwriting process focusing on review of historical performance and pricing adequacy based upon predefined underwriting rules and/or guidelines.
- Liaise with the placing broker throughout the underwriting cycle and policy period to ensure receipt of all necessary documents.
- Liaise with finance and manage any credit control issues.
- Monitor and report contract performance on a quarterly basis and assist with Account Receivable collections when required.
- Accountable for completeness of contents of underwriting package prior to handover to Underwriter for risk analysis/risk selection process.
- Accountable for accuracy and completeness of data entry.
- Manage all administrative requirements for the Underwriting team.
- Perform pre-analysis support for submissions, endorsements, and other incoming documents based upon predefined underwriting rules and/or guidelines
Skills & experience
- A Bachelor's Degree and progress towards ACII or other relevant commercial insurance industry designations preferred.
- Basic knowledge of insurance preferred.
- 1 year market experience at either a broker or insurance company preferred.
- Competency in MS Office applications: Word, Outlook, Excel and Adobe Standard required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work effectively and professionally with diverse groups
- Proven prioritisation and time management skills and ability to triage workload essential within a deadline intensive working environment.
- High level of numeric competency combined with ability to perform detail-oriented qualitative review are required in order to adequately digest risk submissions.
- Must be able to self-lead effectively and work effectively both independently and with teams.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and manage accurate thoughtful detail-oriented work within tight deadlines and/or while working extended work days.