New Business Underwriter Role - West Midlands
Salary to 37,500K plus benefits benefits
Our client is one of the UK's top Insurance brokers and my client is looking to grow the New Business Underwriting team along with other areas of the firm.
Ideal Candidates will have an excellent understanding and proven knowledge in Property Owners or Liability Underwriting.
Ideally both personal lines and Commercial, although it's not essential to have both.
To have experience as an Insurer, Broker or within delegated authority across a wide range of Insurance classes.
you must be enthusiastic, passionate and eager to develop, as there would be an expectation to cross-skill into other products which we offer.
The objectives of this role are to:-
* Trade proactively as part of our New Business team to produce quotes in line with Service Level Agreements.
* You will be responsible for achieving growth targets in line with technical and compliance guidelines.
* To improve customer experience and maintain broker and partner relationships.
* It is essential that you also have an excellent work ethic and good communication and customer service skills.
Your main duties will be:-
* Examining insurance proposals.
* Optimising chances of increasing Income by chasing Pipelines.
* Collecting background information and assessments of risk.
* Analysing statistical data using specialist computer programmes.
* Writing quotes and negotiating the terms with brokers and clients.
* Determining premiums.
* Deciding the wording of policies.
* Preparing insurance policy terms and conditions.
* Liaising with insurance brokers.
* Building and maintaining excellent working relationships and delivering excellent customer service.
* Organising own work loads and diary management to a high level.
* Point of call for underwriting queries from Insurance agents.
* Inviting and following up renewals.
* New Business quotation, as well as NTU and MTA administration, in line with your licence level.
Our ideal candidate would have:-
* Analytical skills
* Good Maths and statistics skills
* Attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* IT skills
* Good judgement
* Negotiation and interpersonal skills
* Ability to use initiative and works well under pressure
* Very Organized
* Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Excellent Trading mentality
Why work for this company?
* This is a fulltime permanent role working Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm. Although for the remainder of this year it will be home working.
* In return we offer a competitive salary based on experience.
* 26 days holiday plus Bank holidays
* Health Cashplan
* Employee Assistance programme
* Death in service benefit
* Access to our Award winning e-Learning platform
* Support in development and achievement of professional qualifications.
Should this role be of interest and you have all the above skills we would very much like to hear from you.
Get Recruited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.