Antony James Recruitment Ltd are delighted to be working with a well established client based in Witham, Essex in recruiting a experienced Customs Manager.
As a core member of the organisation you will be required to;
- Manage both customs and trade compliance across the company, ensuring that all global regulations are understood.
- Responsible for determining Customs classifications and regulatory requirements (licenses, certificates, etc.)
- Ensure the highest compliance levels for all customs and government agency requirements across all staff and teams.
- Oversee entry auditing and reporting results and recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure that company’s controls, policies, procedures, processes and applications are all understood by the team and implemented accordingly.
- Ensure that all internal audits are being completed and actioned as per client requirements.
- Provide ongoing training to keep up with changing trade compliance policies, this will involve attending seminars and conferences.
- Perform due diligence checks on new customers when required to do so.
- Ensure all customer authorisations are valid and kept up to date.
- Manage the company’s interface using customs authorities.
- Assist in the implementation and control of new legislations, which will be issued from HMRC.
- Assist customers with their AEO/Applications.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent understanding of International Trade, Compliance and Customs regulations
- Knowledge of BIS/ECO/EAR/ITAR regulations.
- Previous exposure to the development of business policies and process governance within an international business
- Previous experience in working alongside international government agencies
- An excellent knowledge of export and import controls is essential for this role.
- AEO application experience would be beneficial for this role.
- Adept with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)