We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and organised individual to join our Group on a permanent basis. This is a full time position working from home with travel to our lakeside offices in Doncaster.
About the opportunity:
The procurement analyst will be responsible for providing support, advice and assistance to MGA departments in its purchasing and procurement activities, whilst ensuring all purchasers use approved suppliers and follow correct processes.
The role requires assisting the MGA Segment in understanding where the company is spending its money, to make the company more efficient, achieve value for money and ultimately save money in future years.
The role requires working alone, managing own tasks under the broad framework set by the manager. It will align to the strategic direction of the procurement function as well as providing support to the Head of Relationship Management.
- Supporting the delivery of procuring/renewing new goods and services in establishing cost effective contracts for the Company from renewals to RFPs
- Manage the specific suppliers owned by MGA Segment and tracking expenditure
- Engage with Group Procurement, Legal, Finance and IT services to ensure suppliers deliver to their contractual obligations
- Supporting Merger and Acquisition activity relating to Supplier Contracts
- Act as SME on contractual matters supporting the development, review and termination of any supplier contracts
- Provide operational support to the Head of IT.
- Act as a trusted advisor for IT.
- Proactively manager supplier relationships
- Support the review of contractual performance
- Develop key IT supplier relationships
- Support the segment with tender and negotiation of key products and services
- Assist in the development of new supplier RFPs and commercial negotiations
- Managing supplier contracts within the CMS ensuring that all meta data is maintained for effective management and governance
- Assists with the operational improvement of the P2P system (D365). This includes both, supporting P2P end users from the MGA segment with training and development for the use of the P2P system with a continual improvement ethos, and analysing data, feedback and experience to ensure the P2P system and processes are effective and efficient for the segment.
- Attending both the P2P User community forum and the P2P Working Group meetings.
- User Acceptance testing and sign-off for D365 Code Releases
- Producing MI on which business decisions can be made in relation to supplier performance, risk and commercials
- General support as required by Head of IT Relationship management
- Identifying cost saving opportunities
- Managing contract renewals and supplier governance
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree level in Accounting/Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics or similar level
- Experience in industry managing suppliers.
- GCSE standard with GCSE Maths & English Grade C or above (or equivalent).
- Specialised Knowledge would be desirable in financial/accounting, procurement or servicing solutions.
- Excel , P2P systems, SharePoint.
- Experience in a Finance or Procurement role within a financial services/insurance environment would be beneficial although support and on job training will be available
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills verbal and written
- Proactive and inquiring approach, resourceful
- Desire to learn new skills and respond positively to change
- Ability to organise personal work load and great attention to detail while working independently or part of a team
- Works well under pressure with integrity and assertiveness when dealing with complex issues
Along with the great people you would be working with in this role, we offer an excellent set of benefits which would include the following:
- Employer pension contribution of 6% (providing you, the Employee provides 2%)
- Life Assurance at X4 of your base salary
- Group Income Protection
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Flexible benefits