Job Title: Food & Beverage Assistant
Department: Food & Beverage Departments
(Bar/Restaurant/Conference & Events)
Responsible to: Department Manager
Salary: £9.11 per hour
Days: Flexible working pattern (full time and part time) over 7 days
Hours: Breakfast shift 06.00-11.00am OR Evening shift 17.00-23.00pm
General Scope and Purpose
To be totally customer focused with the service you provide. Taking orderings and consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly, and effective approach. Waiting on tables ensuring that they are cleaned and reset between each service.
To assist with the service of our guests, thus ensuring all guests receive efficient, professional service always, thus satisfying their needs.
- To have a good knowledge of the preparation and service of all dishes and products on the menus and product lists.
- To serve all guests in accordance with standards laid down.
- To ensure tables are set and cleared to the Company standards. This to include bar, restaurant service and conference and events.
- To provide attentive service during the meal and watch for special requests.
- To assist in the general cleaning of your working areas.
- To take every opportunity to upsell- desserts, starters, drinks etc.
- To practice the correct and safe use and care of all items of equipment.
- To be fully aware of and strictly adhere to security procedures laid down.
- To attend work consistently well groomed, in uniform, as laid down to the standard required.
- To be fully aware of and observe current liquor licensing laws.
- To consistently deliver superior customer service
- To attend training when required.
- To suggest ideas for further improving department and customer service.
- To be fully aware of and observe all security procedures.
- To be fully aware of hotel activities and facilities.
- To report all damage, hazards and wear and tear occurring within your areas of work.
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the peculiar requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the job-holder may be required from time to time to carry out tasks requested by the Management.